Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Birmingham

gonzo

I will not watch them again whilst the curent regime are there

For clarification, what do you mean by regime?

The manager?

The chairman?

The owner?

Do you want all three gone before you return, or just one or two?

Either way, I'll bet you're back next season

For clarification, what do you mean by regime?

The manager?

The chairman?

The owner?

Do you want all three gone before you return, or just one or two?

Either way, I'll bet you're back next season

The manager and chairman, and how much you want to bet I don't go?

The manager and chairman, and how much you want to bet I don't go?

The manager could leave at some point next season, but I don't see Phil Gartside going anywhere in the near future (at least until Kia take over)

Let's focus on the positives Threlkeld looks the part polished performer, and Kellett excites me quick and direct not sure he's a full back but the lad could make a top winger.

Dredging around there, Mounts, huh.

I agree - the young 'uns look the part better than I'd expected. But ................. you know what I could add.

Indeed. Also, we've thrown 2 kids in, but people still want more. Fuck knows what.

Some entertainment

Less negative tactics

Less defensive midfielders ... 1 preferably

Consistent best 11 with consistent game plan as opposed to manager trying to prove what a master tactician he is

2 strikers, especially at home

Not to be patronized by manager or told I understand what he's doing when I don't

If we have to use loan system, bring in players better than what we have from teams much better than us

Far more wins at home!

Less defensive substitutions when we are a goal up

An apology for one of  my worst ever seasons football-wise in nearly 40 years  

• Moderators

Just watched highlights and threlfeld doesn't get anywhere near close enough to stop crosses and shots.

This is true but is an overly simplistic observation. He goes wide, a midfielder moves into the massive hole (unless a CB moves over). Ball hoofed in and we've only got 3 defenders in the box, one possibly dragged out of position...

Edited by Carlos

Some entertainment

If we have to use loan system, bring in players better than what we have from teams much better than us

The loan system is here to stay. The gulf in finances between the Premiership and the other leagues mean the big clubs sign up all the young talent who then have to go elsewhere to get a game.

• Site Supporter

This is true but is an overly simplistic observation. He goes wide, a midfielder moves into the massive hole (unless a CB moves over). Ball hoofed in and we've only got 3 defenders in the box, one possibly dragged out of position...

And that's an over complicated view

When one on one, get tighter without committing yourself but basically stop the cross.

I have doubt it's probably nerves and he certainly didn't want to get put on his arse, so played cautiously.

Indeed. Another full back left out to dry by lazy wingers/wide midfielders/midfielders in general.

• Site Supporter

The loan system is here to stay. The gulf in finances between the Premiership and the other leagues mean the big clubs sign up all the young talent who then have to go elsewhere to get a game.

And herein lies the importance of a good manager.

Knowing that half your squad belong to another club must be an utter fucking nightmare. The amount of egos and attitudes a manager has to cope with whilst trying to settle a team is tougher than I imagine anyone realises.

So stability is key. If a squad has an established leader at least some continuity exists along with a consistent philosophy.

Which is why we have to stick with Dougie.

When one on one, get tighter without committing yourself but basically stop the cross.

I have doubt it's probably nerves and he certainly didn't want to get put on his arse, so played cautiously.

its not really over complicated, its the small things that lead to goals, not going with runners and committing yourself leaves gaps.

We wernt at our best yesterday and some players just couldn't give a toss. Beckford is a lazy bastard! Can't argue with the result.

Does anybody know when the stewards introduced the new 'don't celebrate a goal to much' policy? When we scored our second goal stewards came into the west stand lower telling a number of people not to celebrate the goals too much!! Tossers!

I thought Yesturday was a fantastic example of how not to hold on to a lead.

Our 2 goals came from when we played our game rather than theirs, then at 2-0 up we let them do what they were trying to do all game (Get the ball in the box).

Birmingham offered very little with ball on the ground and I felt we did very well in stopping them from playing how they wanted for 60mins.

We obviously got caught up in the occasion and decided to make a line of 9 players on the 6 yard box and it was a matter of time until they scored and equalised.

As for the bizzare tactic of passing the ball around from our own 6 yard box, I cant imagine any of our 11 players enjoy that. Defenders so close to their own goal and forwards so far away from play.

Bad management IMO

Like I've told you all Super Dougie was looking 8 or 9 moves ahead of everyone else but the players tend to think 1 move behind, so it's not his fault and that's why I have confidence that he will sign players who are on the same wavelength this week as promised.

In Super Dougie we trust.

• Site Supporter

Like I've told you all Super Dougie was looking 8 or 9 moves ahead of everyone else but the players tend to think 1 move behind, so it's not his fault and that's why I have confidence that he will sign players who are on the same wavelength this week as promised.

In Super Dougie we trust.

Splendid

• Moderators

It isn't, it's obvious. It's also coupled with the fact that everyone else could see he wasn't getting tight/going wide. The implication therefore is that he was either doing what he was told or as you say, didn't want to be mugged off. Fucking boo.

• Moderators

did i just read homo analysing a defenders performance based on 2 clips of conceded goals?

let me tell you something, keepers look shit on a goals against reel...

He's after GNev2's job.

Doesn't help when the midfield fail to track players, put any effort into closing down players, am surprised our defence only let two in. Completely unprofessional performance that, and I wasn't staying back to thank the players for that performance and the season as a whole....roll on August where I hope there will be more to celebrate

We were a bit unlucky but I feel like I'm saying that every week. To be honest if you leave that many players back from an attacking free kick you deserve everything you get. Its so negative its depressing. Birmingham City fans some of the loudest I've seen at the Reebok.