Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Birmingham

gonzo

• Moderators

But it didn't matter

The argument is around getting worked up about it

Folk need to chill the fcuk out

Maybe I didn't get worked up cos I was able to take something from football fans being happy

I totally agree, Big E fuck off because it did matter. we should have buried the Brummie twats, they would have done it to us had the roles been reversed.

Bollocks. Nobody works right up until the final buzzer before going on holiday. Why should footballers be any different. We were safe. They knew it. We knew it. Nobody wants to be injured on there holidays.

Of course it mattered. Tell that to the fans of Donny, Millwall and Blackpool. It was up to our team to do their utmost to beat Birmingham and send them down. We had the shot-shy lazy bastard on and some Holdsworth-esque finishing from Danns and even at two up we never looked like finishing them off.

We were 2 up and could have had 5. It's not like we weren't completely trying. And why the hell should we care about Donny, Millwall and Blackpool. I'm pretty sure having scored the first, Birmingham had some sort of energy surge because they had to score again and we couldn't defend it. Yes the game did matter but the result only really mattered to one team. It's not like we haven't drawn at home this season is it.

Bollocks. Nobody works right up until the final buzzer before going on holiday. Why should footballers be any different. We were safe. They knew it. We knew it. Nobody wants to be injured on there holidays.

We didn't start work when the buzzer went off either think the team might all be deaf, or just lazy unmotivated tossers. Think I will go for option B.

We didn't start work when the buzzer went off either think the team might all be deaf, or just lazy unmotivated tossers. Think I will go for option B.

Or C. Not as good as what supporters think they should be.

I don't think it came down to not trying just to not being good enough. Danns scores and we win and there's no debate. Yes it mattered to them more and they through the kitchen sink at us and again not good enough defensively either. As mounts said look at the number of draws at home, the last game typified the whole season. We didn't take our chances and until we do it's gonna be very very frustrating.

We were 2 up and could have had 5. It's not like we weren't completely trying. And why the hell should we care about Donny, Millwall and Blackpool. I'm pretty sure having scored the first, Birmingham had some sort of energy surge because they had to score again and we couldn't defend it. Yes the game did matter but the result only really mattered to one team. It's not like we haven't drawn at home this thrown away a two goal lead this season is it.

Edited for even more accuracy.

Fact remains that if we'd have taken our chances, and Beckford hadn't tarted out three times, we would have beaten them by four or five.

Edited by Juan.Kerr

Can not believe people are getting so worked up about one set if fans showing a bit of respect to another set.

I still think a load of their fans are nasty fuckers but the vast majority did not ambush a mini van at a petrol station or chase gonzo out of a pub.

Three seasons on a run last home game has finished 2 2 after one team being 2 up, this was by far the least frustrating.

People got wound up last year Blackpool fans taking the piss so this year wanted to do the same to another set of fans ?

Honestly the late goal did not matter to us, whatever the tactics we should have killed the game with chances we had.

If I had had to guess who would be fuming about the result I would have pretty much spot on, the same ones who are angry about everything DF, PG, ED, the club shop, the ticket office, the club, the half time bar, fanzone, spazzy Darren, fat frank, etc etc do.

Edited by Ani

. You talk some crap sometimes. .are you still jet lagged ,it's called pride professionalism. .fuck me don't want to go on one of them planes your working on .when your going on holiday

• Moderators

Aye, because all the other people are reliable, the bloke that serviced your brakes, the bloke that maintains the railways track, everyone else, we all put in 100% all the time. What a load of fucking bollocks.

. You talk some crap sometimes. .are you still jet lagged ,it's called pride professionalism. .fuck me don't want to go on one of them planes your working on .when your going on holiday

It's a good job you are a peasant and can't afford to then isn't it :D

There's a bit of context to be taken into consideration too. Birmingham are a poor side and normally at 2-0 would have quietly packed it in but on the day fought like they haven't all season.

Poor side with an away record identical to Wigan's (9-3-11) and better than QPR's (8-5-10), but the worst home record in top 4 divisions.

Poor side with an away record identical to Wigan's (9-3-11) and better than QPR's (8-5-10), but the worst home record in top 4 divisions.

True, only 14 pts at home in a league where the average home performance was 35pts.

They were joint 6th best away from home with 30pts, same as Wigan, Blackburn and ourselves.

Wigan and Blackburn had decent seasons, home form let ourselves and Birmingham down.

Oh, and if all games had ended at half-time, we'd have finished 5th.

Poor 2nd half team or poor half-time team talk?

At least we were half way to the play-offs.

But I suspect mid match changes less effective than for others - must do better!

Oh, and if all games had ended at half-time, we'd have finished 5th.

Poor 2nd half team or poor half-time team talk?

I'd say poor substitutions, lack of fitness and sitting back inviting pressure would be the 3 most likely reasons, cannot think of too many match winning substitutions made by Freedman. Edited by Mounts Kipper