Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Froch Vs Groves

Smiley

whilst i'd like Froch to win, couldn't help be excited by the prospect of Groves going on to challenge Ward if he wins.

like somebody else said, he keeps surprising us.

Froch Ward is available on catch-up on sky for those who want to see how hopeless Carl is against a skilled boxer. Groves isn't in that class yet, but he showed first fight he's good enough.

Steve Peters is a self publicist hype job - how did he work out for that cunt Ronny?

Stopped him wanting to top himself every time he lost and bought him back from the brink of a nervous breakdown.

How did he work for Raheem Stirling,Luis Suarez,Daniel Sturridge and the Brittish cycling team?

The only people giving him publicity are the people he's helped out.

Edited by gonzo

• Moderators

Froch Ward is available on catch-up on sky for those who want to see how hopeless Carl is against a skilled boxer. Groves isn't in that class yet, but he showed first fight he's good enough.

hang on

groves showed hes good enough to do what

lose to froch?

judging froch cos of what happened against ward and disregarding the level hes fought at for years?

fwiw, i want froch to nail him, but if he doesnt i'll console myself with the knowledge ward will embarrass him, like he embarrassed froch

• Moderators

saying Froch is hopeless against a skilled boxer is unfair.

Ward is one of the best i've ever seen.

its utter bollox, actually

a measure of how good ward is, is how much he beat froch - the best of the rest - by

Even loosely mentioning Ward and Groves in the same breath is mental. Utterly mental.

those saying Groves is levels and levels below Ward were saying the same about Froch.

he's the real deal

He is some way back from Ward's talent though, in fairness. That's not an insult, I like Groves and he should be able to grab a world title at some point. I think he's the real deal in that sense.

But you don't get stopped by Froch, win a razor thin decision against Degale and get dropped hard by Kenny Anderson if you are at Ward's level - an Olympic Gold medalist with an almost impregnable defence.

All that said Ward is a waste of time anyway. Won't fight away from home, almost so inactive he would become unranked, and despite his talent his style is boring, so nobody gives a shit if he isn't fighting anyway.

Do we know what time they're actually supposed to be fighting? - I land in Rhodes at around 23:00 local time, and am hoping to be able to catch some of this.

*Not even attempting to veil anything*

Do we know what time they're actually supposed to be fighting? - I land in Rhodes at around 23:00 local time, and am hoping to be able to catch some of this.

*Not even attempting to veil anything*

even less veiling from me. I'll be in the business lounge at Dubai airport and am hoping it'll be on

I'll still be here so fuck that  :(

Edited by no balls

As I speak that nonsense is on Sky again when they all sit round a table gobbing off and Steve Collins looks Roy Jones in the eye and without a hint of irony tells him he'd have beaten him. Stupid bastard.

I'd like to see Groves get a kicking as he's achieved fuck all but thinks he's an all time great but either way I think it will be a fight of swings and roundabouts. Coukld go twelve, could go about three. And neither Ward nor Chavez Jr will be in the slightest bit concerned by what they see. They're the only fights left for Froch unless he gets a decider with Groves, should he win.