Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Today's Footy

gonzo

Thought they were shit but it was a nothing game. Got better when Rooney and Gerard came off.

Is it me or is Gerard only good when playing with top class around him ?

Who've we got that could do a better job in glen john sons role ?

I bow to those with superior knowledge.

I didn't think it was 'drab' or 'dull', i thought it was a reasonably good game where we created enough to win comfortably. Sturridge could easily have had a hat-trick. Not sure whose bright idea it was to play that bunch of cloggers though. They were lucky to finish with ten men.

I think we played them because they simply come from a similar part of the world as Costa Rica - even though as was pointed out in commentary they play a totally different formation to our final group opponents

I would be with you BB but the fact the opening clip is of the JJB stadium really puts me off!!!

Whereas that one with Joe Hart etc in was filmed under WSL and then on the Macron pitch.

I thought England were unimpressive last night - too many misplaced passes and poor first touch. Granted Sturridge should have had a hat-trick, but his efforts were poor. Maybe it'll all come right (-ish) on the night, or maybe the Italians & Uruguayans will just eat us alive. We'll have to wait & see.

Whoever arranged a final pre-WC 'friendly' with Honduras needs his head examined. I'm surprised we've come through it with no major injuries.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.