Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Refugee Camps In Calais

no balls

It's France's Problem.

Not ours.

trouble is they were openly saying they are hell bent on coming over here, then it's ours.

You'd think being an island and all that, but....

Like Baz and I are saying, why come here? It's a bit shit if you're seen as a racist Farage supporter for wondering though.

Indeed as no one even thought about it before he came on the scene. Maybe you need to give folk a little more credit in their ability to think for themselves

I meant its not that as big an issue as has been stated but folk have been convinced an immigration block will be the return of something marvelous.

trouble is they were openly saying they are hell bent on coming over here, then it's ours.

You'd think being an island and all that, but....

Like Baz and I are saying, why come here? It's a bit shit if you're seen as a racist Farage supporter for wondering though.

We have border controls to stop them.

Obviously some will slip through,but most won't.

I really don't see what the problem is.

Not like they are all on their way to H town is it?

I meant its not that as big an issue as has been stated but folk have been convinced an immigration block will be the return of something marvelous.

It's up there with benefit claimants as a target for more attention than it warrants.

Yes it's an issue but certainly not the most pressing.

The issue is that they have to cross many, many friendly countries that pose no danger at all before getting here.

If they were fearing for their lives any one of these would do but they carry on until they get here.

I dont know why, and would love to ask them.

It is quite bizarre, usually they (refugees from war or persecution) just settle down first safe place they find...

This is why Lake Geneva and it's shores is the area of highest Jewish population in the entire World, followed closely by Norfolk.

Because we're great and the rest of Europe is shite? We should be flattered, anyhow, the only Syrian I've met in Bolton has improved the local Kebab shop 100% and is seemingly a friendly and hardworking bloke, with better command of English than a lot of the locals, so, so far so good on the Syrian front of newcomers to the town, in my personal experience.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter

The issue is that they have to cross many, many friendly countries that pose no danger at all before getting here.

If they were fearing for their lives any one of these would do but they carry on until they get here.

Barry

I owe you a pint

This is the perfect summary.

Excellent, brilliant post.

• Site Supporter

http://www.swansea.ac.uk/international/global-research/whyasylumseekerscometotheuk/

Some research did ask a cross section, the answers given don't really match the perception , ( of benefits and council houses etc)in this report anyway

• Members

32 trillion is said to be hidden in off shore bank accounts by the super rich across the world.

Fuck me - some people would grasp at anything. Absolutely no relationship whatsoever to illegal immigrants of the economic variety.

IF it exists, it is still theirs so if it wasn't 'hidden' what fucking difference would it make?

Fuck me - some people would grasp at anything. Absolutely no relationship whatsoever to illegal immigrants of the economic variety.

IF it exists, it is still theirs so if it wasn't 'hidden' what fucking difference would it make?

Now who's biting!?

I only drew comparison to highlight folk get their knickers in a twist about benefit fraud/tax evavsion at one end of the scale,yet seemingly don't bat their cap at the other.

The rich in this country will get away with paying more tax in this country than the poor and illegals by a long chaulk.

Edited by gonzo

Now who's biting!?

I only drew comparison to highlight folk get their knickers in a twist about benefit fraud/tax evavsion at one end of the scale,yet seemingly don't bat their cap at the other.

The rich in this country will get away with paying more tax in this country than the poor and illegals by a long chaulk.

Now who's biting!?

Don't believe everything you hear on the BBC, Gon£

• Members

Now who's biting!?

Don't taulk rubbish ;)  :D

• Members

Australia had a similar problem. Conservative government elected in its own right last September (and no interfering quangos from any common market type arrangements to contend with) and, from over 10,000 illegals arriving on boats in the last 145 days of the Gillard/Rudd Labor government we have now reached 17 illegal people attempting to arrive on boats in the first 145 days of 2014. Of these 17, 8 were turned back and 9 processed through a camp on the island of Nauru (who will almost certainly end up being sent back to where they came from).

John Howard did it previously. Scott Morrison is doing it now.

If you don't take strong action, they will keep coming and, no matter what any Blackpool do gooders and their ilk say, their numbers will put pressure on everything - the NHS, social security payments etc., etc.

Still, kind and generous British taxpayers like The Gonzo are happy to contribute to the upkeep of the less fortunate fleeing oppression (even if it is economic).

If you were them, where would you go?  You'd go to the place where you'll be treated best wouldn't you?  I certainly would.

I'm not saying it's right and that we should open the gates and let them in with open arms, but fuck me, the way they're ALL being spoken about you'd think they're the scum of the earth.