Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Now It's Over

jules_darby

For me it was very much worth it. Top football and a great experience.

The Brazillians I met thought they were going to win it and blame the injury for their exit.

Corruption is horrible in fifa. My mate bought one of those tickets in hospitality. If you wanted any ticket it could be sourced from the hotel lobby, not discreet at all. Advertised despite being illegal.

Although the grounds cost a lot they employed many people which can only be a good thing. Also many people from the favelas made a lot of money selling drinks, drugs and tat to tourists. Even the brasses were quids in although some it some strange experiences with some foreign fans......there are some dirty bastards in this world!

I think Brazil will grow from this. A girl I have kept in contact with says the way our media describe Brazil etc is not entirely accurate. It is growing as a country. Yes there is a huge gap between the haves and have nots but things are changing slowly.

So in short...it was boss

Same as Zico for me. I think it often helps with where and how you watch games too. Saw most of the group stages in Majorca, every shop, bar and restaurant had the games on and it made for a really good atmosphere and buzz everywhere.

I've read stories of a few people returning from Brazil and all had a great time, fair play to all who went.

The Brazillians I met thought they were going to win it and blame the injury for their exit.

Corruption is horrible in fifa. My mate bought one of those tickets in hospitality. If you wanted any ticket it could be sourced from the hotel lobby, not discreet at all. Advertised despite being illegal.

Although the grounds cost a lot they employed many people which can only be a good thing. Also many people from the favelas made a lot of money selling drinks, drugs and tat to tourists. Even the brasses were quids in although some it some strange experiences with some foreign fans......there are some dirty bastards in this world!

I think Brazil will grow from this. A girl I have kept in contact with says the way our media describe Brazil etc is not entirely accurate. It is growing as a country. Yes there is a huge gap between the haves and have nots but things are changing slowly.

Shes not really going to Marry you. Stop sending her money and move on.

Same as Zico for me. I think it often helps with where and how you watch games too. Saw most of the group stages in Majorca, every shop, bar and restaurant had the games on and it made for a really good atmosphere and buzz everywhere.

I've read stories of a few people returning from Brazil and all had a great time, fair play to all who went.

Agree on that. Me and the mrs were in Majorca and the hotel was a League of Nations. Was great fun watching Belgium/France/Germany with folk from each country. Didn't fancy winding up the Russians though.

• Site Supporter

First round of group games were great but then it fizzled out into a fairly ordinary tournament with no totally outstanding teams though the right team won.

It was great too see Spain hammered, Argies crying and David Luiz looking suicidal though. I bet PSG have looked at the small print to see if they can avoid signing him - shockingly bad defender

Great tournament, but I always enjoy this and the euros. Always brings a smile to my face when many on here deride international football. The rest of the world and most foreign players think taking part in a WC the highlight of football in general.

feel a bit gutted about it

loved going to brazil and really enjoyed it

but felt i missed out as spent 3 weeks of it completely pissed watching the games

for that reason can't say it was my favourite

still 98 for me

feel a bit gutted about it

loved going to brazil and really enjoyed it

but felt i missed out as spent 3 weeks of it completely pissed watching the games

for that reason can't say it was my favourite

still 98 for me

that is because you didn't go to any games :D

Another hamburg scenario

You'll be getting a job there soon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.