Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

adidas Thread

Horwich

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Thread showing it all on here. Quite like a fair bit of it, as usual with SPZL though it'll be daft prices and if I've got £400 spare to spend on a jacket it wouldn't be going on an adidas one.

It'd look OK without the badges, but I guess that defeats the object.

Oh, and Edgerton is a district of Huddersfield, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Adidas Dublins on SNS raffle, £89 + £12 postage.  I know the postage is a bit steep, but can't go wrong with these.

They're restructured their delivery operations SNS I think, hopefully won't take 3 weeks for stuff to arrive now. One of my all time favourites the Dublin, might double up im almost scared to wear my 08s

47 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

They're restructured their delivery operations SNS I think, hopefully won't take 3 weeks for stuff to arrive now. One of my all time favourites the Dublin, might double up im almost scared to wear my 08s

Apparently the best ones 08s.  I complained to SNS about Evri by phone, they sent me a nice email thanking me for feedback and sacked them off 😆 

3 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Apparently the best ones 08s.  I complained to SNS about Evri by phone, they sent me a nice email thanking me for feedback and sacked them off 😆 

The London, Dublin, Stockholm release from 08 is still right up there for me quality wise. Do wish I'd have managed a pair of the leather Dubs from size though.

This new release has the laces made from recycled materials have you bought any recently with these? I have and they look kind of cheapened by it

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

The London, Dublin, Stockholm release from 08 is still right up there for me quality wise. Do wish I'd have managed a pair of the leather Dubs from size though.

This new release has the laces made from recycled materials have you bought any recently with these? I have and they look kind of cheapened by it

I’ve got three pairs of dubs, 2 of the 2014 release and a pair of the Argie Dub CW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Got a pair of Dublin, the build quality is frankly embarrassing. Thin as slippers, imperfections everywhere. My 08s piss on these.

Makes me happy I missed out on size, END and Hanon raffles then. 

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Makes me happy I missed out on size, END and Hanon raffles then. 

Its a shame as they're one of that range's most iconic names (and we're marketed as such on this release) but they've totally cheapened them. So inconsistent with quality these days adidas, sometimes a pair will show up that you were expecting to be run of the mill and they're excellent, other times you pay more than usual RRP for SPZL stuff and they're falling to bits.

Think I'll get these "one off never to be released again" Herzogenaurach to store as a future investment nothing else.

On 03/05/2023 at 07:05, Marc505 said:

Its a shame as they're one of that range's most iconic names (and we're marketed as such on this release) but they've totally cheapened them. So inconsistent with quality these days adidas, sometimes a pair will show up that you were expecting to be run of the mill and they're excellent, other times you pay more than usual RRP for SPZL stuff and they're falling to bits.

Think I'll get these "one off never to be released again" Herzogenaurach to store as a future investment nothing else.

Did you manage to get some Marc?  I missed the sale

1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Keep looking, I've just got some 8.5s 

I'll have a mooch about, cheers!

Definitely recommend switching these shite new recycled laces adidas do now with cotton ones from Renovation Station, makes them look much smarter.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

I'll have a mooch about, cheers!

Definitely recommend switching these shite new recycled laces adidas do now with cotton ones from Renovation Station, makes them look much smarter.

Folk are always asking for donor laces on the pages, I bet I'm gonna save a few quid with the Size City Series last ones, loads in there 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...