Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

They didn't today from what I heard. Down with the xmas lights.

They played some decent stuff. Reading were awful and just tried to spoil the game.

They'll probably come back down, though have a good manager, but they will be 170M richer.

• Site Supporter

They didn't today from what I heard. Down with the xmas lights.

They did play some good stuff today, but a play off fins isn't exactly going to bring out the best in any team with the pressure.

Their manager seems destined for big things

Hudds haven't spent big bucks have they? And I doubt they pay huge wages. It shows you can get promoted on a shoestring budget

They've got a lot of players on loan including Ward, Mooy & Kachunga who seem to be their best. It's worked for them this season & good luck to them, but it's short term stuff & not really building a team.

Down by christmas !!

They played some decent stuff. Reading were awful and just tried to spoil the game.

They'll probably come back down, though have a good manager, but they will be 170M richer.

The first time Huddersfield got promotion to the top tier was 1920. They finished second, well behind Spurs but further ahead of Brum.

That same season BWFC were 6th behind West Brom, Burnley, Chelsea, Liverpool and Sunderland.

Although they might have been expected to go straight down again it didn't happen. Bradford (PA) were bottom, and Derby next.

Huddersfield were 17th, and BWFC third (for the first time since 1892) in an all-Lancashire top 4 (not the first time!).

Huddersfield still had a local derby, however, as Bradford City were 15th of the 22 clubs.

Next season BWFC were 6th and Huddersfield 14th.

Then Huddersfield were third and BWFC 13th (but FA Cup winners for the first time).

The following three seasons saw Huddersfield as champions, by ever increasing margins (with BWFC 4th, third and 8th [but cup winners]).

Then the bubble burst and Huddersfield were runners-up in successive seasons (BWFC 4th and 7th).

They did play some good stuff today, but a play off fins isn't exactly going to bring out the best in any team with the pressure.

Their manager seems destined for big things

Bar the first ten minutes it seemed both teams wanted penalties

Substitutions seemed like for like rather than wanting to change it

So had no sympathy for whoever would have lost on penalties

They've got a lot of players on loan including Ward, Mooy & Kachunga who seem to be their best. It's worked for them this season & good luck to them, but it's short term stuff & not really building a team.

Down by christmas !!

Hopefully that won't be the case for us, our promotion was built on loans.

In fact most promotions probably are now the big clubs hoard youth

Down by christmas !!

Plus that Izzy brown is on loan from Chelsea as is another who's name escapes me

What's that game worth these days?

Take the money and run?

Or have a bash?

If I was them I'd go down the Burnley route

Similar sized club, ground holds about the same, won't generate that much from corporate etc

They seem to have a decent manager do could make a good go of it if they went down and were looking at coming back up

Hopefully that won't be the case for us, our promotion was built on loans.

In fact most promotions probably are now the big clubs hoard youth

Yes & no,  I think the difference could be that our loan players were unwanted at their clubs so we've got a good chance of converting the ones that we want to keep ( like Taylor) into permanent signings but I don't think Udders have much hope of keeping their loanees who were sent out for 1st team football.

( I saw somewhere that Chelsea had something like 30 players out on on loan which is really taking the piss for hoarding players in the hope that the odd one will come through !!! )