Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Have a Italia 90 England shirt.

Last tournament they represented anything other than greed.

A tournament remembered well, stuck in a caravan in N Wales with my Mrs and young son because it was pissing down when we played Germany in the semi final. MC Hammer was on the radio every other record. Every time i hear " You cant touch this ", it reminds me of that defeat.

1860 Munich are relegated to the regional leagues today. They had 62k on today. What a mess. They are finally getting kicked out of the allianz as well. Not that too many tears will be shed by their fans

Really?

Blimey, that is shit for them. I hope they make it back. When I worked in Munich a few of my colleagues were 1860 fans, they're loathing of FC Hollywood was a thing to admire

Where they looking at playing instead of the Allianz?

Temporarily back to their old home, the Grunwalder Stadium which is actually in the city i think . Ultimately though I think they're having a new one built near the exhibition halls at the old airport.

If they do move back to their old ground it would be great to visit

Aye I quite fancy it. Hopefully play Hamburg in the cup.

Ian Ayre of Liverpool chief exec fame joined them in Feb and has already resigned. 3rd best budget in the division, mental

Edited by tomski

Who had a bigger budget? Surprised if they are getting that sort of support

Stuttgart and Hannover. Both been in the top flight for a fair old stretch. I don't think 62k is a regular attendance but still extremely impressive

Stuttgart and Hannover. Both been in the top flight for a fair old stretch. I don't think 62k is a regular attendance but still extremely impressive

They were averaging around 21K for home games I think......which is pretty decent considering how shit they've been

1860 Munich are relegated to the regional leagues today. They had 62k on today. What a mess. They are finally getting kicked out of the allianz as well. Not that too many tears will be shed by their fans

Relegated to the amateurs league after the chairman refused to pay the League three registration funds

I fancy a trip to watch 1860 next year if they exist.

Me too. Always try to get a foreign football weekend in at least once a season, if 1860 end up in a ground of their own it could be as powerful as Union Berlin or St. Pauli for match day experiences

Me too. Always try to get a foreign football weekend in at least once a season, if 1860 end up in a ground of their own it could be as powerful as Union Berlin or St. Pauli for match day experiences

schisser st pauli