Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

All I wanted was to be entertained with a decent game and I don't give a monkey's about the teams involved if it's not BWFC. What I got was a dour, half-hearted midfield debacle with neither team able to do anything much at the business end and not much quality on show. After two cracking semi-finals it was a helluva letdown.

A bit mystified why both Spuds and Southgate stick with Alli though. The lad's obviously got talent but TBH I'm struggling to remember the last time he showed it. Dropping him for a while could be the best thing a manager could do for him IMO. Salah's not been great either this season - maybe both clubs should think about cashing in on those two whilst their value is still high this summer?

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Aye, I'm watching it on the BT stream on YouTube and the quality is absolutely fucking AIDS

Is AIDS really a slang word for shit these days?

Anyway, was expecting a decent game but it was dire, sacked it off at half time and sat in beer garden.

Duke of Welly in Lostock was a mix of Liverpool fans and fans of every other club supporting Spurs.

I like Klopp, so fair play to em. That first goal should not have been a penalty though.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, anthonyj said:

And why on earth should'nt i mate?

I've got my own reasons.... mainly for a friend no longer with us that loved LFC but also supported Wanderers home and away!

Is that ok with you?

Perfectly fine by me my friend and sorry if I came across as an arse just never understood this second team thing it's Wanderers only for me and whoever's playing United. After that I can dislike all other clubs equally also I'd just had to put up with half a dozen blokes in Liverpool shirts jumping around the No Name in Harwood .

• Site Supporter

Scousers do my trolly in because my school was full of Liverpool fans growing up in the 80’s.

Spurs went up in my estimation over their reaction in the Muamba incident.

As already mentioned though, i’ve got no time whatsoever for the premier league or it’s teams anymore. These last few seasons have left me feeling bitter towards the money at the top end.

If it wasn’t for Bolton, I could quite easily walk away from watching football all together. My love for the game has gone

14 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Scousers do my trolly in because my school was full of Liverpool fans growing up in the 80’s.

Spurs went up in my estimation over their reaction in the Muamba incident.

As already mentioned though, i’ve got no time whatsoever for the premier league or it’s teams anymore. These last few seasons have left me feeling bitter towards the money at the top end.

If it wasn’t for Bolton, I could quite easily walk away from watching football all together. My love for the game has gone

Think most BWFC fans feel the same but just a little chink of light for our great club would lift the spirits, a new owner who wants to take us forward and invest would suffice for now. FWIW I’m told there’s someone interested who if they get the club would fit the bill. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

13 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Watched it near Borough and it was full of plastic Liverpool fans and not one real scoucer. 

Pissed me off partying around Borough Market the tossers. Wished the spuds had beaten them

Worst ever season is finally over 

If spurs had won you'd probably been surrounded by so called spurs fans who've never been to a game celebrating as well 

Just the accent is different 

18 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Aye, I'm watching it on the BT stream on YouTube and the quality is absolutely fucking AIDS

18 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Was it not on main stream TV

7 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Well done the Spanish police, this is how to control  misbehaving Scousers 

Fucking hell we got worse than that trying to go through the turnstile with tickets in hand in Madrid. 

Soft cunt! 

5 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

If you have a BT Sport subscription yes. If not watching it via YouTube was the only other option unless you went the dodgy stream route. 

I thought certain events were protected and had to be shown free to air or is that just Uk events or am I talking bollox 

27 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

I thought certain events were protected and had to be shown free to air or is that just Uk events or am I talking bollox 

They are but eufa cup and champs league aren't listed (on BT) neither are national tournament qualification and this nations league (on sky) 

As far as footy goes I thinks its just the FA Cup final and international tournaments on the protected list now 

Edited by frank_spencer

1 hour ago, bwfc2003 said:

You’re on the right lines, but rather than it being protected like the FA Cup Final, it was part of the TV rights deal that x number of games had to be shown on a free to view basis, it was just that BT did it via Youtube rather than conventional TV. 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Been reported that Liverpool have earned 250m in tv money from premier & champions league this season 

crazy 

Is that all?

You get £170m for finishing bottom of the PL, then the thick end of £2m a place, so they'll have made over £200m just from PL.