Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

The rugby was a semi final at a neutral venue. If we were playing (say) derby at villa park in the semi of any cup it would be a proper atmosphere. Rugby sounded tinpot.

We played a semi final at Villa Park ironically enough and didn’t even fill our 2,500 allocation (I was there FWIW). 

Concourse operation was a shambles today and as a result doesn’t reflect well on the club, but hopefully some coin was made. Queued 45 minutes for what was supposed to be two pints of lager and a bottle of mixed fruits. Became 6 points of lager by the time we reached the front but needs must. 

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

We played a semi final at Villa Park ironically enough and didn’t even fill our 2,500 allocation (I was there FWIW). 

Concourse operation was a shambles today and as a result doesn’t reflect well on the club, but hopefully some coin was made. Queued 45 minutes for what was supposed to be two pints of lager and a bottle of mixed fruits. Became 6 points of lager by the time we reached the front but needs must. 

Saw on twitter that the bars were manned by Stokies? Any truth in that??

13 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not comparing like with like.  Villa wasn't a neutral venue or a 1 off game or a Saturday afternoon, people will turn up for the atmosphere of a neutral venue more than being massively outnumbered at a big club.  Fair play to you for going, if I remember it was a freezing night and I took the easy option of watching in the pub, it wasn't 1 of our finest performances if I remember rightly.

4 minutes ago, green genie said:

Saw the rugby mentioned on news last. night and made me wonder why Bolton doesn't have a RL club of note when most of M62 corridor does?

Honestly because Bolton doesn’t like rugby