Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

9 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

WhatĀ is this semi final at villa park you are talking about football or rugby?Ā 

If itā€™s the league cup semi we sold over 4000

Ā 

Concourse bit was the rugby yesterday. On the numbers sold bitĀ I was referring to League Cup Semi at Ā Villa when we had the lower tier behind the goal and then a couple of hundred in the touch line blocks. No more than 2,500 there that night. Iā€™d successfully erased the semi at Tranmere from my memory.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Concourse bit was the rugby yesterday. On the numbers sold bitĀ I was referring to League Cup Semi at Ā Villa when we had the lower tier behind the goal and then a couple of hundred in the touch line blocks. No more than 2,500 there that night. Iā€™d successfully erased the semi at Tranmere from my memory.Ā 

More than that mate, knocking on 4KĀ 

20 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In those days that was a good following.Ā  Compared to around 1kĀ at Everton, Liverpool, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland on most occasions.Ā  Now we would expect to take that to a night match in Gillingham, Oxford or Southend.

31 minutes ago, green genie said:

That makes sense if Hull was based on trawlermen.Ā 

I asked the same question to a big rugby league fan (why it didn't take hold in Bolton) and that's the theory I got in response. There's likely other factors at play but that sums it up most simply.Ā 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

• Site Supporter
Just now, DirtySanchez said:

Gareth Bale pulls out of friendly as he's not in the right frame of mind following the collapse of his multi million pay deal in ChinaĀ 

What a cuntĀ 

Heard an interview with John Toshack earlier. He was quite critical of agents and the player himself. A bit surprised to be honest, but he was right.

The level of money really isn't helping the game as it should.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Heard an interview with John Toshack earlier. He was quite critical of agents and the player himself. A bit surprised to be honest, but he was right.

The level of money really isn't helping the game as it should.

All quotes seem to come from.his agent Jonathan Barnett who seems quite confrontationalĀ 

Read that Bale has made no effort whatsoever to fit into Spanish life at all. If at the peak of his career he's prepared to fuck off to China, whilst a Wales international so he probably won't play in midweek qualifiers for them, fuck himĀ 

And despite all his money you'd think he could afford a decent haircut instead of looking like a shit samurai

20 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

All quotes seem to come from.his agent Jonathan Barnett who seems quite confrontationalĀ 

Read that Bale has made no effort whatsoever to fit into Spanish life at all. If at the peak of his career he's prepared to fuck off to China, whilst a Wales international so he probably won't play in midweek qualifiers for them, fuck himĀ 

And despite all his money you'd think he could afford a decent haircut instead of looking like a shit samurai

Reckon he thinks he's moving to Japan?Ā 

2 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

He has that hairstyle to hide his huge bald patch.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Or having a piss at a home game

You can't even get a signal at home games. Apparently it's too close to Winter Hill and the signal flies over the stadium.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

You can't even get a signal at home games. Apparently it's too close to Winter Hill and the signal flies over the stadium.

am going to have that and see how many of my mates fall for it next season when moaning about the signal