Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I also liked it but from a music point, it lacked a chorus. That was just verse after verse after verse. 

A decently written chorus would probably have (eventually) made it onto the terraces as our 'unique' Bolton song, something sadly missing from our home atmosphere.

i dont think the guy understands song writing in its true sense. which is a bit weird in itself, considering he was playing and singing.

good effort though.

28 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

What a fucking farce 

Applied in 8 people’s names (me, Mum, Dad, Mrs etc) for 9 different games = 72 chances and got fuck all!

Cant be right that surely! 

On half of the applications I selected top categories as well ffs! 

Got zip as well. I applied for any category ticket to about 5 different games under 3 names. I don’t know of anybody successful. 

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I've done alright and know a couple of others who've got some here and there but appreciate we got massively lucky, there were 19 million applications.

There may be a second ballot later in the year but not sure?

What did you get? 

How many applications did you put in to get them? 

18 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

What did you get? 

How many applications did you put in to get them? 

Applied for about 10 altogether and my missus mirrored my application so between us we got last Wembley group game, second Wembley semi final, and group games at Bucharest and Munich.

Wanted loads more but just chuffed to get anything really. Mate of mine is lumbered with 250 quids worth of tickets for one match at Hampden!

I think part of problem for some is they will only try to give you the entire number of tickets you asked for a particular game, rather than break the request down.

So if you asked for say 5 tickets to match 23 and they only had 2 available, they wont say oh give them 2, they'd go to the next application for exactly 2 tickets. We applied for singles and 2 tickets each time at most.

Edited by Marc505

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Applied for about 10 altogether and my missus mirrored my application so between us we got last Wembley group game, second Wembley semi final, and group games at Bucharest and Munich.

Wanted loads more but just chuffed to get anything really. Mate of mine is lumbered with 250 quids worth of tickets for one match at Hampden!

I think part of problem for some is they will only try to give you the entire number of tickets you asked for a particular game, rather than break the request down.

So if you asked for say 5 tickets to match 23 and they only had 2 available, they wont say oh give them 2, they'd go to the next application for exactly 2 tickets. We applied for singles and 2 tickets each time at most.

Your pal might need the Hampden tickets yet! If Scotland and England qualify, both are in group D and it’s a coin toss to decide if it’s Hampden or Wembley for that game 

We applied for 3 tickets each, 9 games, 8 applications = 216 tickets (mainly top categories), got nothing - I think that using the group ID killed us 

4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Your pal might need the Hampden tickets yet! If Scotland and England qualify, both are in group D and it’s a coin toss to decide if it’s Hampden or Wembley for that game 

We applied for 3 tickets each, 9 games, 8 applications = 216 tickets (mainly top categories), got nothing - I think that using the group ID killed us 

They can carry on losing to Kazakhstan for me, I don't want anything messing up my chances of watching an England group game!

Another lad I know has got 4 tickets for Rome, almost certainly going to be Italy (paired with Azerbaijan who are bottom of group) what an experience that'll be.

Its crazy the whole set up, was hard enough getting tickets for France 2016 but this has just gone mad. It's not over yet mate, re-ballot from returned/void/unpaid for applications might come good, then independent sellers nearer the time.

39 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17820753.amp/#click=https://t.co/ifLzW8J1KV

Interview with Wheater about stuff here, interesting insight into a few things past and present.

I think it's just me not accepting getting older but strangely shocked that he's 4 years younger than me, always seen him as an "elder". Bloody hell.

You're handling the hair loss situation better than him though.

21 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Game 49 mine actually 

Amy ideas who it could be?