Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Malc, here's a question for you; have two brothers ever played as a centre back partnership in top level football?

Well centre backs are a fairly modern invention, but there were the Milburn brothers as a pair for Leeds in the 1930s in the top division (with their brother-in-law in goal).

There were 4 brothers (from Ashington) and they all played for Leeds at some time. Jackie Milburn was their cousin, and sister Cissie gave the Charlton's their football genes. In fact Jack's career at Leeds began the season after his Uncle Jim had moved on to Bradford City, so at least one of the extended family was on Leeds' books from 1928 to 1973.

2 hours ago, L/H White said:

got a room for 100 quid, not bad considering it's London and a big event on 

Trains will be stupid I imagine 

Hoping to get a few more tickets somehow 

I think we got similar for a Travelodge down there. Got cheap rooms in a decent looking place in Bucharest but always worry they'll do the late demand more money or cancellation thing nearer the time.

• Moderators

watching MOTD last night - it mentioned Ozil and Kolasinc were absent because of security concerns, which seemed a bit extreme given it was Newcastle away

then saw this today, which is a bit mental

Arsenal star Mesut Ozil steps up his security with 24-hour dog patrols outside his London home as he and Sead Kolasinac go into hiding after getting caught up in gang war 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/crime/arsenal-star-mesut-ozil-steps-up-his-security-with-24-hour-dog-patrols-outside-his-london-home-as-he-and-sead-kolasinac-go-into-hiding-after-getting-caught-up-in-gang-war/ar-AAFGN44?MSCC=1565618644&ocid=spartandhp

12 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

watching MOTD last night - it mentioned Ozil and Kolasinc were absent because of security concerns, which seemed a bit extreme given it was Newcastle away

then saw this today, which is a bit mental

Arsenal star Mesut Ozil steps up his security with 24-hour dog patrols outside his London home as he and Sead Kolasinac go into hiding after getting caught up in gang war 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/crime/arsenal-star-mesut-ozil-steps-up-his-security-with-24-hour-dog-patrols-outside-his-london-home-as-he-and-sead-kolasinac-go-into-hiding-after-getting-caught-up-in-gang-war/ar-AAFGN44?MSCC=1565618644&ocid=spartandhp

Have you seen the footage of when they try to nick their cars?

Fuck me I wouldn't mess with that Kolasinac

7 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Just started to watch MOTD 2 highlights from last night

”Manchester United against Frank Lampard’s Chelsea”

Just FUCK OFF with this Frank Lampard stuff. I like him. He’s a decent bloke I think. But fuck off with Frank Lampard’s this and Frank Lampard’s that

Its embarrassing for any club to be perceived to be smaller than their manager, but for big clubs like Chelsea, or Steven Gerrard's Rangers, ridiculous.  At least Sol Campbell's Macclesfield may benefit from a bit of rare publicity and recognition.  And even Joey Barton's Fleetwood.  At least we no longer have to hear "Harry Redknapp's..." and only 1 more year of Neil Warnock's.