Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I think Sam left us with a better front 6 than Manchester United had out today.They are four £75 million players behind Liverpool and City and despite getting 20,000 more fans every home game don't have owners who will spend the money.

There was a graph today showing Liverpool something like £200m behind Utd in spend since 2013

Dunno why they choose 2013

But they spent £75m on Lukaku, £90m on pogba and £80m Maguire

They even spent £50m+ on Fred and Sanchez with his wages won't be cheap

They don't mind spending, they've just not been very good at it for the last few years

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

There was a graph today showing Liverpool something like £200m behind Utd in spend since 2013

Dunno why they choose 2013

But they spent £75m on Lukaku, £90m on pogba and £80m Maguire

They even spent £50m+ on Fred and Sanchez with his wages won't be cheap

They don't mind spending, they've just not been very good at it for the last few years

For all the money spent, the current state of Man Utd is they don't have one attacking midfielder or striker who would get in City or Liverpool's team.
The best one is probably Rashford but he isn't an outstanding player. At any point in Fergie's last 15 years Rashford would have  been a squad player for a few seasons before getting a move to Everton,  Newcastle or Villa.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:
For all the money spent, the current state of Man Utd is they don't have one attacking midfielder or striker who would get in City or Liverpool's team.
The best one is probably Rashford but he isn't an outstanding player. At any point in Fergie's last 15 years Rashford would have  been a squad player for a few seasons before getting a move to Everton,  Newcastle or Villa.

Aye, point was, they do spend the money and lots of it, they're just not spending it well

• Members
2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, point was, they do spend the money and lots of it, they're just not spending it well

Long may it continue.

That run of wins Solksjaer had secured the job for him and meant Pochettino stayed put.

Another small mercy to be thankful for. They will likely be in a world of pain by Christmas realising that the ECL has gone again.

Dubious? Roger, over and out.

27 minutes ago, Smiley said:

This Bernardo Silva outrage is making my piss boil. What a lot of fuss about nothing. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49788633

Good mates can take the piss out of each other as much as they want. 

If they didn't know each other then what Bernardo tweeted would be offensive.

Folk on both extremes don't seem to understand this.

• Site Supporter

Idiots. Will do damage to the cause of they cannot understand that things that go on between friends can be very remote for outsiders looking in, and fuck all to do with them.

I'm sure most on here will have texts/messages from family/friends that they wouldn't want other folk to see.

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Idiots. Will do damage to the cause of they cannot understand that things that go on between friends can be very remote for outsiders looking in, and fuck all to do with them.

I'm sure most on here will have texts/messages from family/friends that they wouldn't want other folk to see.

That's why they remain between friends/family, and don't get posted on social media. 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't disagree; though it seems to be the modern way.

Doesn't mean so many have suddenly to be offended. 

As you say, there are lots of idiots out there who won't understand the context and will be offended - genuinely or otherwise. There are also idiots who will see it as a green light to post similar things about other people, but with actual offensive intent. It's just a daft thing for someone in the public eye to do. There's no need to get worked up about it. 

If the shoe was on the other foot and Mendy had posted a picture of Silva next to a cartoon of Fred Flintstone (for instance). Would there be a racism outcry. Suggesting Mendy had only picked FF because he was also white like Silva?

I think we all know the answer to that one. 

Pathetic.

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Smiley said:

If the shoe was on the other foot and Mendy had posted a picture of Silva next to a cartoon of Fred Flintstone (for instance). Would there be a racism outcry. Suggesting Mendy had only picked FF because he was also white like Silva?

Pathetic.

I assume you're OK with fans throwing bananas at black players then, or making monkey gestures?

50 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Pathetic.

I'd say he doesn't look like Ani

• Members
15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't disagree; though it seems to be the modern way.

Doesn't mean so many have suddenly to be offended. 

Of course it does. They have to have that feeling of moral superiority so are permanently trawling around to look for something to be outraged about.

Welcome to the modern world. It will get worse before it gets better.