Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

2 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I'd think £130 million is about right to go from 5th in the Championship to 4th bottom in the Prem.Do they reckon it should take them higher?

Have you ever met a villa fan?

Despite all that spending (less than sheff utd and Norwich) and possibly one of the highest in the summer I'd say yes they do expect better 

6 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Villa were promoted with a poor team that  finished 18 points below Norwich and 13 points below Sheff Utd

I'd think everyone at Villa Park would take 4th bottom, I don't think they were expecting a comfortable mid table season

Dean Smith only took over in October when they were half way down the table, by the end of the season they werent a team that looked so far from the top 2, clearly one of the 3 best teams.  Done well this season for me apart from the 1st game home defeat to Bournemouth.  Won or drawn 7 games and their only 2 home defeats have been v the top 2.  Away defeats at Spurs, Arsenal, City, Wolves, Chelsea and Palace, no disgrace.  I fancy them to stop up.  

• Members
11 hours ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

Betfred have paid out on Liverpool winning the league

It was easy to predict once City lost Laporte.

Didn't see Leicester coming again though. Would be funny if they caught and passed the Vigilants. The whining from Anfield would surpass Goodison Park (if that's possible) and probably even Heathrow. All the glory hunting bandwagon jumpers who would be pissed off and wondering who to 'follow' next season would be funny too.

10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Dean Smith only took over in October when they were half way down the table, by the end of the season they werent a team that looked so far from the top 2, clearly one of the 3 best teams.  Done well this season for me apart from the 1st game home defeat to Bournemouth.  Won or drawn 7 games and their only 2 home defeats have been v the top 2.  Away defeats at Spurs, Arsenal, City, Wolves, Chelsea and Palace, no disgrace.  I fancy them to stop up.  

If they lose Grealish or McGinn for any lengthy period think they’ll drop, otherwise think they’ll just scrape to safety. 

14 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

This is the worst Arsenal team I think I have ever seen. 

Arsenal were worse in the mid 70s finished 16 th and 17th in the table.They improved from that reaching 3 fa cup finals in a row 78 -80 but were back in mid table for a season in the mid 80s. Good memories of the 80 semi final saga against the Scousers. A Brian Talbot header at Coventry denied the Scouse cunts the double in the 4th match.Instead of great history being created like that nowadays it would be a wank penalty shoot out at Wembley

13 hours ago, tomski said:

Why would you want Allardyce in the premier league these days.

He should know his place and get into a league 1 team. Sunderland perhaps? No phil is doing a good job up there. If only there was someone else

Because he's overachieved in every single premiership job he's had bar Newcastle and that was never working out.

Why wouldn't you?