Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
22 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

it depends whether they've already gone out and signed adequate backup, or if they play Fabinho there instead

Not a lot of adequate centre halves out there you could get to step in for VVD.

Fabinho goes there who plays CDM?

The reason any team is successful in the prem is that core spine. 
Liverpool weren’t great until they sorted their GK CB and CDM out. 

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Not a lot of adequate centre halves out there you could get to step in for VVD.

Fabinho goes there who plays CDM?

Aye, that's the point

Id say Most of city's problem's this season stem from 1 player getting injured yet losing 2 best players in 2 positions

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Centre half will be signed. 
need to sort the Sane problem out. 
not a summer transfer window without sighing a wing back 😁

Foden is a special special talent. It’s effortless to him.

No one can replace Dave Silva, one of the best players the PL has ever had.

I reckon Pep could take Jack Grealish up to the top level. Couldn't stand the bloke before but for me he's a must for the Euros on his performances this season. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I reckon Pep could take Jack Grealish up to the top level. Couldn't stand the bloke before but for me he's a must for the Euros on his performances this season. 

Quality quality player. 
He’d be going for me. Think Foden might get the nod as well.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy’s Message said:

Quality quality player. 
He’d be going for me. Think Foden might get the nod as well.

Hopefully. Those two & Harry Winks are musts for me, all comfortable in possession, something we've been woefully short of in the middle of the park for years. 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Hopefully. Those two & Harry Winks are musts for me, all comfortable in possession, something we've been woefully short of in the middle of the park for years. 

Lampard and Gerard both comfortable with the ball- think the big problem previously was club rivalries. Currently players seem more together.

• Members
12 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

If he’s picking on form then Ali might miss out. Ox back in the fold as well.

Im told Kane is back in light training, and Rashford isn’t far away. Squad is looking good, although the GK spot is a bit of a worry. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy’s Message said:

If he’s picking on form then Ali might miss out. Ox back in the fold as well.

Im told Kane is back in light training, and Rashford isn’t far away. Squad is looking good, although the GK spot is a bit of a worry. 

Interview with Ben foster earlier, they asked him about England goalkeeper. He reckons Pickford at the moment, but spoke very highly of Nick Pope, and also Henderson.

• Members
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Lampard and Gerard both comfortable with the ball- think the big problem previously was club rivalries. Currently players seem more together.

They should have played in a 3 man triangle. One sitting in front of the defence one going forward one just hanging back. I think McClaren said that system didn’t fit those types of player. Then Xavi Iniesta Busquets went and won Two Euros and a WC

• Members
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Interview with Ben foster earlier, they asked him about England goalkeeper. He reckons Pickford at the moment, but spoke very highly of Nick Pope, and also Henderson.

Darren Ward GK coach at Sheff U rates Henderson over the lot and thinks he’ll be the third keeper in the squad. 

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Traf said:

Henderson & Pope for me.

No Alli in squad either, massively over-rated prick.

I think he's a good goal scorer from midfield, but overall not a special midfielder.

If we're sticking with 3 up top(ish) then no great shakes if he doesn't make the squad.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Has Tom Heaton dropped down the pecking order- he was in previous squads iirc.

Injured I think. Yeah ACL

Word on the grapevine is Sturridge has been banned from football for gambling.

Edited by Rudy’s Message

• Members
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Confirmed. Banned until June and dismissed by his club.

Worth a punt next season?

I’m happy to be proven wrong but his best goals per game ratio at ours must have one of his career best. 8 in 12?

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We've never had a midfield that could keep possession & control the game & take the pace out of it, hence while we've looked impressive in qualifiers we've come unstuck as soon as we've played any decent side. mostly. These lads seem to be bucking that trend. 

17 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

We've never had a midfield that could keep possession & control the game & take the pace out of it, hence while we've looked impressive in qualifiers we've come unstuck as soon as we've played any decent side. mostly. These lads seem to be bucking that trend. 

This summer will be our best chance of winning a tournament in decades, but we're still missing a pivot in front of the defence to properly dictate the tempo. It was what exposed us against the Netherlands, and we'd probably have beaten Croatia if we had one.

• Members
20 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

This summer will be our best chance of winning a tournament in decades, but we're still missing a pivot in front of the defence to properly dictate the tempo. It was what exposed us against the Netherlands, and we'd probably have beaten Croatia if we had one.

Henderson needs to go into that role for me.