Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
18 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Been in a boozer in Rammy this afternoon - our ex-full back who has a name like a fanny was in. Didn’t realise he’s still only 36

He still knocking around with Bassini?

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Boca Juniors needed a win and River to draw to win the title last night on the final day in Argentina. Good job the opposition was managed by Maradona I guess.

Keeper dipped his gloves in grease or something?

Didn't strike me as magical though to be honest

9 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

I'd love to go to a game there. Looks awesome.

Same, a football tour of South America is a bit of a lifetime ambition for me.

A mate went to a game in Buenos Aires about 10 years ago (not one of the main 2 but still a top division team) and said it was genuinely lawless in there. Blokes with pistols, stuff getting set on fire, relentless noise etc. Madness.

6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

A mate went to a game in Buenos Aires about 10 years ago (not one of the main 2 but still a top division team) and said it was genuinely lawless in there. Blokes with pistols, stuff getting set on fire, relentless noise etc. Madness.

Wait til Brunton park next season 👀

9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Carlisle on a Tuesday night in December? Buenos Aires has nothing on that.

😂😂. Poetic licence  on my part 

Carlisle is the closest league game I will get to see to home. Just over an hr on the train.

south America somewhere I will be heading in the next 3/4 years for a months jaunt. Intrigued by the place. Notwithstanding it’s “entertainment” 

Edited by Escobarp

• Members
33 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Been to South America twice. It’s brilliant, it almost feels lawless over there though. I watched Nueva Chicago in Buenos Aires, that was a life experience

57 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

😂😂. Poetic licence  on my part 

Carlisle is the closest league game I will get to see to home. Just over an hr on the train.

south America somewhere I will be heading in the next 3/4 years for a months jaunt. Intrigued by the place. Notwithstanding it’s “entertainment” 

39 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Been to South America twice. It’s brilliant, it almost feels lawless over there though. I watched Nueva Chicago in Buenos Aires, that was a life experience

I'd love to go, I do feel like you wouldn't feel entirely safe though at any point of the visit, mind!

• Members
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I'd love to go, I do feel like you wouldn't feel entirely safe though at any point of the visit, mind!

Oh it’s properly nuts. The Mrs said it’s the scariest time of her life. I loved every minute of it, barely saw any of the game as I was as just mesmerised by the support. 

Best part of South America is customs at the airport. You walk through and you get randomly selected to either walk and get your luggage green light or be strip searched red light. It’s great. 
Our Maude got a red light 😂

3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Oh it’s properly nuts. The Mrs said it’s the scariest time of her life. I loved every minute of it, barely saw any of the game as I was as just mesmerised by the support. 

Best part of South America is customs at the airport. You walk through and you get randomly selected to either walk and get your luggage green light or be strip searched red light. It’s great. 
Our Maude got a red light 😂

Fuck that 🙄

• Members
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So will I I just need to find a willing (stupid) sidekick to carry my toiletry bag home

Mrs got her makeup confiscated because they didn’t trust it. Fuck knows how much she spent on it but 4 years later and she’s still not happy