Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
5 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Who won the Champions league last season. 

But that doesn’t support your argument of City having a championship defence, especially when they won the league the year before with virtually the same defence 

Edited by Rudy

• Members
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Why did pep choose last night to change his set up?

The way Lyon set up against Juve they needed to watch for Dembele and Mapay down the middle especially on the break, that’s where they hurt Juve so the thinking was to flood the midfield and not let them get possession in the hole. 

Pushed too many bodies forward, the gap between Ederson and The back line was too big and got punished 

Sterling bags that and I don’t think they score a third immediately 

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

It's the fact that Pep spends zillions on players & feels the need to change formation against a pretty average French team & fucks it up spectacularly. 

That's fine, no problems there.

But it doesn't mean the prem is suddenly dog wank because of one "upset ".

When we go rampaging this season, with some cup shocks, league two won't suddenly become better than those above... :)

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

If Gerrard wants to make it any time soon as a top level manager (I’m not convinced myself), he needs to get shot of that dogshit standard of football. Do a Lampard and get into the Championship.

If he wins a title for Rangers then he may just earn himself a shot at a League One club

• Members
53 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just flicking through tv and Rangers was on

watched 5 mins that was enough managed to watch 20 mins of hibs yesterday 

league 2 standard 

A guy I work with genuinely believes that Celtic would be in the top 4 of the PL

I don’t think either of them showers would make the top 4 of the Championship 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

A guy I work with genuinely believes that Celtic would be in the top 4 of the PL

With Premier League TV money, of course Celtic would make top 4. European performances speak for themselves.

Hibs game last night was dross but let’s not pretend that every game down here is somehow a cracker.

Dembele didn’t do too badly from starting in Scotland. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I reckon they might have in the days of Larsson, or at least a top half team, not now though with the current squad

That said, they would make a decent crack at it if they were allowed in and had a PL income

But they're not, so they can fuck off

• Members
2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

With Premier League TV money, of course Celtic would make top 4. European performances speak for themselves.

Hibs game last night was dross but let’s not pretend that every game down here is somehow a cracker.

Dembele didn’t do too badly from starting in Scotland. 

Spurs Arsenal Everton have the PL income and can’t do it. They’re naive to think they’d rock up in the PL and make waves. Big fish small pond. 

Just now, Rudy said:

Spurs Arsenal Everton have the PL income and can’t do it. They’re naive to think they’d rock up in the PL and make waves. Big fish small pond. 

Can’t do it, or excluding Everton, just don’t do it every year? They’d be right in the mix, no two ways about it. 

16 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Impossible to say as there is no level playing field and it’s just ifs and buts and opinion. They will never be allowed down here so it’s irrelevant also