Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

"Clear and Obvious".

It wasn't meant to be a televisual sliderule.

Ref's are bottling making decisions & deferring to this. It's a fckg shambles.

But the remote referees are falling foul of their own lack of knowledge of the  rules. 

At Burnley v Newcastle at weekend a Burnley player hooked the ball away in his own box. Foot about chest height and the Newcastle player was trying to head at the same time. VAR ref deemed no foul, no penalty 

Later in game on or around the half way line. Same situation, chest high foot hooks ball away while Newcastle player attempts to head ball. Result, foul, free kick.

• Members
2 hours ago, MickyD said:

But the remote referees are falling foul of their own lack of knowledge of the  rules. 

At Burnley v Newcastle at weekend a Burnley player hooked the ball away in his own box. Foot about chest height and the Newcastle player was trying to head at the same time. VAR ref deemed no foul, no penalty 

Later in game on or around the half way line. Same situation, chest high foot hooks ball away while Newcastle player attempts to head ball. Result, foul, free kick.

The lawmakers, the FA and PL and the referees board are all responsible for such shoddiness. The VAR as software is fine.

The different a angles of cameras doesn’t help and it isn’t consistent because of where the cameras are situated in different grounds . The VAR camera should be on a spider cam above the pitch to rule out any angle ambiguity. 

The offside should be the daylight in favour of the attacker and two phases of play.

I don’t think laws and definitions should be able to be changed throughout the season. There should be windows, right this didn’t work in the first section of the season. Make it clear and precise, want to try something different during the season, use the cups to trial it.

Its all well and good saying scrap it but the game is so fast paced and referees are under so much pressure to not make a mistake help is required 

Get me In front of a panel I’ll kick some cunts in. 

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Its all well and good saying scrap it but the game is so fast paced and referees are under so much pressure to not make a mistake help is required.

But life includes mistakes. Players make mistakes, managers make mistakes. Trying to cut them out by this extreme process is ludicrous. They stated it should be for clear & obvious errors. In that case, looking at things from dozens of angles, taking a age means they are not 'clear & obvious'.

If it takes more than a quick look & a quick spot then it doesn't fit that definition. They need to accept it's not doing what was intended & reset.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

But life includes mistakes. Players make mistakes, managers make mistakes. Trying to cut them out by this extreme process is ludicrous. They stated it should be for clear & obvious errors. In that case, looking at things from dozens of angles, taking a age means they are not 'clear & obvious'.

If it takes more than a quick look & a quick spot then it doesn't fit that definition. They need to accept it's not doing what was intended & reset.

I know what you’re saying mate, I don’t want it, but pitches are better, players are fastest and leaner the ball is lighter than ever the game is so quick and social media is rife with dickheads. Mike Dean got death threats to his family over a mistake. The game has changed and no one is under a microscope more than a ref. They need the assistance 

46 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I know what you’re saying mate, I don’t want it, but pitches are better, players are fastest and leaner the ball is lighter than ever the game is so quick and social media is rife with dickheads. Mike Dean got death threats to his family over a mistake. The game has changed and no one is under a microscope more than a ref. They need the assistance 

Mike Dean, is a scouse twat though

I've just listened to Hill's post-match interview. Jesus wept, thank fuck that moron is no longer in charge of us.

Also noticed the interviewer starts off with calling him Gaffer. He clearly insists on it.

I love that he's in charge of those cunts.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Dont know where to put this but assume folk have seen the very sad video of Neil Lennon doing the rounds?

guys not looking in great nick 

Aye, just seen it 

Regardless of how badly things turned out for Lennon at BWFC, he looks in a real sorry state and I just hope he gets the help he obviously needs. Fair to say he’s had a rollercoaster ride throughout his career and that would take a toll on anyone. 

As for twat filming it all, proper cunt’s trick. And to think Rangers are in the midst of a social media boycott in protest at how online abuse is affecting the mental health of players and managers.  

28 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Last nights wimminz international.

Seriously, wtf was she thinking ? She actually took a detour & was always going to be first to the ball. The keeper probably second.

Funny clip. There must be some kind of history. Perhaps ex-lovers?