Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Southgates a fucking fraud.

If I was the German manager, I’d immediately substitute my goalie and put an 11th outfield player on, just to embarrass the fucking hooknosed cunt.

All the above is, of course, to be struck from the record when we romp home 4-0. But i doubt it.

Fuckin hell Hughmungus have a day off will you 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy said:

Fuckin hell Hughmungus have a day off will you 

This. 

We all have doubts at times about tactics etc, but we're solid. Largely nullified the Germans, and when we got our attacking play up to speed we scored a couple of good goals.

Kane still looks leggy, but once the ball got into the danger zone he was there.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

There's, for these days, a bit of fiestyness to ghis ... & a lot booked. I fear a sending off.

Not sure Sterling or Kane can keep misfiring much longer before being changed out.

This aged well...

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Spider said:

Southgates a fucking fraud

Nah

As an England manager you live or die by your decisions, as GS alluded to in his post match interview. 

You can’t disagree that he played it brilliantly tonight.

Well done Gareth.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Just now, desperado said:

Nah

As an England manager you live or die by your decisions, as GS alluded to in his post match interview. 

You can’t disagree that he played it brilliantly tonight.

Well done Gareth.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Spot on.

Grealish has to start now though. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Spot on.

Grealish has to start now though. 

Thing is with GS, is he’ll take each game on its merits, so he’ll re-evaluate today, look at the next opposition and pick his side accordingly. So Grealish might stand a chance of starting. But if he doesn’t I’ll back him with the side he does pick.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, desperado said:

Thing is with GS, is he’ll take each game on its merits, so he’ll re-evaluate today, look at the next opposition and pick his side accordingly. So Grealish might stand a chance of starting. But if he doesn’t I’ll back him with the side he does pick.

This.

As it happens, I reckon he may well start.

Looking at Ukraine last night, they were happy to sit deep at times, and we will need to be able to pick the lock. Grealish can clearly do just that.

Similarly, sancho could get a run out, to go at his man, who knows.

Got to trust Southgate to pick a team to win the game.

Does anyone know the rules of Yellow Cards ?

It seems it's 2 and miss a game, but I'm asduming there's a stage when it gets wiped. But I don't know that, or when.

The Ukrainians must have a dozen on the edge. Not to mention injuries.

That extra time yesterday was like watching American Football with so many breaks for injuries, non-injuries, rolling about and more substitutions than an ASDA home delivery. Both teams were playing for penalties in that final 15m.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Does anyone know the rules of Yellow Cards ?

It seems it's 2 and miss a game, but I'm asduming there's a stage when it gets wiped. But I don't know that, or when.

The Ukrainians must have a dozen on the edge. Not to mention injuries.

That extra time yesterday was like watching American Football with so many breaks for injuries, non-injuries, rolling about and more substitutions than an ASDA home delivery. Both teams were playing for penalties in that final 15m.

Wiped out after next round I think