Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

3 hours ago, L/H White said:

says who?

These people obviously don't appreciate that you're almost single handedly keeping the IT infrastructure of the NHS rolling along, and you value that contribution to society more than the pesonal gain of several million pounds a year you could be earning playing football

• Site Supporter

Fantastic assured performance again last night. Feet on the ground & the same again against the Danes & we'll be in that final. It's wonderful how much artillery we can bring on from the bench. 

I for one wanted both Foden & Grealish in but you can't argue with how Southgate has used his squad. 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

As would Tony Adams, however pissed.

But the original point remains, it's nice not to have to see Terry being successful.

Not buying it. When he was putting in commanding performances for England, no one was complaining. 

He also had a reputation as being very good with the youngsters at Chelsea.

Wouldn't have blamed Wayne Bridge if he'd laid into Terry, but that doesn't define his career.

22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not buying it. When he was putting in commanding performances for England, no one was complaining.

I beg to differ. I can recognise a twat when I see one. I can recognise a good footballer. I can separate the two things when they are one & the same person.

He was an obnoxious git & him being able to add that onto his long list of boasts wouls have stuck in my craw.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I beg to differ. I can recognise a twat when I see one. I can recognise a good footballer. I can separate the two things when they are one & the same person.

He was an obnoxious git & him being able to add that onto his long list of boasts wouls have stuck in my craw.

Have you met him then?

OK he did some cunty things, but so do many footballers, as do people at large.

You can't separate the two, or numerous good players would be lost to the game.

Sometimes a bad egg will be moved on, but fantastic players are accommodated by good managers; our very own BSA did just that.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Have you met him then?

OK he did some cunty things, but so do many footballers, as do people at large.

You can't separate the two, or numerous good players would be lost to the game.

Sometimes a bad egg will be moved on, but fantastic players are accommodated by good managers; our very own BSA did just that.

Right. I'm sorry. I apologise. I've changed my mind. You've outwitted me at every turn. How could I have been so foolish ?

He's a lovely guy and how could I ever have thought otherwise ? In fact I may ask him round for afternoon tea.

The Kray's weren't as bad as they were painted either.

My point was (aside from Terry being a bit of a twat) that is nice to support an Engald side that that seem a genuinely nice bunch, rather than the snarling lot we've had to put up with since the early 2000s where hotels, glamour and a broken footbone seem to take centre stage. That the focus is on the tournament, managing that and the team, about each member of the squad, not just one or two superstars. 

I think that in that respect, a lot of the 'golden generation' wouldn't have fitted in with this rather more team based, selfless approach. Look at how the how the squad celebrates a goal - or even a decent clearance.

We might not win, but its an England team it's nice to support and be proud to do so.

• 4 weeks later...