Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

newFile-4.jpg?width=982&height=726&auto=

What a beautiful picture

To be fair, those sorts of gestures happen at every league ground when the opponents score.

Makes me smile when you watch highlights of a game and see fans getting their hair off- sometimes make a point of looking at them rather than a player during replays.

On this match specifically, it was delightful to see the quality and professionalism in that second half, in the face of the hostility, and to rub their noses in it. We looked genuine world class in dismantling an opposition that are no mugs.

• Members
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

To be fair, those sorts of gestures happen at every league ground when the opponents score.

Makes me smile when you watch highlights of a game and see fans getting their hair off- sometimes make a point of looking at them rather than a player during replays.

On this match specifically, it was delightful to see the quality and professionalism in that second half, in the face of the hostility, and to rub their noses in it. We looked genuine world class in dismantling an opposition that are no mugs.

It gives me a wiggle that someone could be so upset at the colour of someone else skin, makes it even better when that player smashes one in against them ☺️

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If that was an opposing playing from United or someone like that in front of us after scoring I would be giving him some regardless of his colour. Hopefully they will get the racist chanters from the crowd and charge them. Glad we battered the backward country 

3 hours ago, DazBob said:

I was in my car listening to it on the radio when the players took the knee and it sounded really loud.

My immediate thought was I wonder if the backward fuckers in this country who boo it listened to that and thought good on them.

Imagine siding with those backward, racist cunts.

Just because they boo, throw things and make monkey chants it does not mean they are racist🤡

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

My immediate thought was I wonder if the backward fuckers in this country who boo it listened to that and thought good on them.

Imagine siding with those backward, racist cunts.

I wouldn't know... having been brought up in a multicultural area, living in multicultural areas around England and working with people from different cultures I've never come across those backwards fuckers.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Tbf Luke Shaw got dogs abuse and a load of plastic cups bombarded at him when taking a corner when the game was 0-0, The abuse was directed at ALL the England players, the media and press seem to have missed the Shaw incident out.

During the EURO's the Hungarian crowd were superb, passionate, loud etc... ... reminded us what Football is about with crowds, instead of the bland TV crowd noises that were being played during the covid no crowd era.

The performance from England was top class, they made it difficult first half, but once the first goal went in, we went into ruthless mode, great to see and enjoyable. 

Its just a shame that the performance has probably gone under the radar a little.

Aye, what I was alluding to. That said, it is absolutely clear there was more at play than just 'standard' abuse, certainly amongst some of them.

Irrespective of motive, it was, as you say, an absolutely superb effort to silence them.

Commentary reckoned there will be 11 changes for Sunday, which is slightly disappointing, though completely understandable. 

4 hours ago, Rudy said:

It gives me a wiggle that someone could be so upset at the colour of someone else skin, makes it even better when that player smashes one in against them ☺️

I remarked to Big E on WhatsApp that they must really hate Sterling. He got dogs abuse and cups thrown at him after he scored. 

When Kane scored they almost applauded him for being white. 

Think Sterling handled it really well. Didn't let it get to him and when he scored remained professional. I'd have been giving em the Vs if I was him. 

• Members
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

I remarked to Big E on WhatsApp that they must really hate Sterling. He got dogs abuse and cups thrown at him after he scored. 

Think Sterling handled it really well. Didn't let it get to him and when he scored remained professional. I'd have been giving em the Vs if I was him. 

Yeah seems like they were booing Sterling because they don’t like him because of his football ability because they love Kane and his football ability. Weird innit 

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Although revealing a t-shirt with writing many of them wouldn’t understand may have been a bit flawed. 

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Maybe they threw a flare towards rice because of his name. Indians like rice, Indians are brown there’s also brown rice. 

I can’t think of a link to luke shaw and BAME so I’m guessing the fans on that side of the ground were colour  blind 

23 minutes ago, royal white said:

Maybe they threw a flare towards rice because of his name. Indians like rice, Indians are brown there’s also brown rice. 

I can’t think of a link to luke shaw and BAME so I’m guessing the fans on that side of the ground were colour  blind 

Or maybe they'd just ran out of pints for the whiteys.

Either way sterling handled it well. 

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What a silly statement. Booing taking the knee is a million miles from monkey chants. 

Oh aye, I’m sure you want to disassociate yourself from these racist scumbags but these upstanding chaps share your view on players taking the knee. How embarrassing is that?

14 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Oh aye, I’m sure you want to disassociate yourself from these racist scumbags but these upstanding chaps share your view on players taking the knee. How embarrassing is that?

Not embarrassing at all. It’s not difficult to understand I don’t agree with monkey chants, or racial discrimination but at the same time I don’t agree with taking the knee. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper