Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So booing a statement you don't agree with is unacceptable.

Yet threatening violence isn't. 

Righto.

Are you thick? The "statement" is ANTI-RACISM. Feel free to boo it all you want, but guess what the opposite of "Anti" is? I'll give you a clue. It's a 3 letter word that starts with 'P' and ends in 'ro'. 

And to add to the fuck-wittery, you're booing your own team.

Edited by Cheese

26 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Are you thick? The "statement" is ANTI-RACISM. Feel free to boo it all you want, but guess what the opposite of "Anti" is? I'll give you a clue. It's a 3 letter word that starts with 'P' and ends in 'ro'. 

Not agreeing with something us not the same as agreeing with the alternative you're foisting.

I'd no more boo than I'd take the knee.  But I'd find threatening people who boo more obnoxious than them doing so.

... & I'm, apparently, the thick one. 🙄

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Not agreeing with something us not the same as agreeing with the alternative you're foisting.

I'd no more boo than I'd take the knee.  But I'd find threatening people who boo more obnoxious than them doing so.

... & I'm, apparently, the thick one. 🙄

What do you think people are "disagreeing with" when they boo? Considering it's 100% confirmed that taking the knee is a purely anti-racism gesture....

Edited by Cheese

31 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No .. Kick it Out was/is anti racism. It includes all people from different enthnicities. Not just black. 

You're the one with the problem.

• Site Supporter
Just now, wanderer1984 said:

No .. Kick it Out was/is anti racism. It includes all people from different enthnicities. Not just black. 

You're the one with the problem.

So if you fully support Kick It Out, why are you so offended by our players taking the knee to take the anti-racism cause even further? That's literally all it is. They're not supporting Marxism, or rioting, or any of the other bollocks you've been told. What is your issue with it?

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

100% confirmed? Who's the thicko? 😂 that's you BTW 🤣

Yes, by the players/managers/owners themselves. Or are you saying they're all lying?

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

If you boo your own players for taking the knee after they've told you explicitly, in no uncertain terms, it's an anti-racism gesture, you're either thick or racist. It really is as simple as that. Unless you can shed some light on the matter and explain how/why they're all lying?

Edited by Cheese

Makes me uncomfortable that we are taking the moral high ground here . Death threats for our own  players missing penalties . Monkey chants at City v United last season . Tory MPs boycotting England games for players taking the knee . Our prime minister writing columns in newspapers that most would agree have racist connotations. What happened in Hungary was awful and needs calling out but let’s get our own house in order .

55 minutes ago, emus wig said:

Makes me uncomfortable that we are taking the moral high ground here . Death threats for our own  players missing penalties . Monkey chants at City v United last season . Tory MPs boycotting England games for players taking the knee . Our prime minister writing columns in newspapers that most would agree have racist connotations. What happened in Hungary was awful and needs calling out but let’s get our own house in order .

I think Southgate said as much before the game. Some of the aggressive xenophobia displayed by our fans at the Euros was shameful.  We've definitely still got a problem both in football and society.

All us reasonable folks can do is keep calling it out, wherever it is, rather than attempt to make excuses for it.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Cheese said:

So if you fully support Kick It Out, why are you so offended by our players taking the knee to take the anti-racism cause even further? That's literally all it is. They're not supporting Marxism, or rioting, or any of the other bollocks you've been told. What is your issue with it?

I think the point he is trying to make is that kick it out encompasses racism against all ethnicities whilst BLM by its title is tackling racism against black people. It would be better if any anti racism group fully included people from all races & not just a certain section.... This is not to say any group deserve booing. 

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I think the point he is trying to make is that kick it out encompasses racism against all ethnicities whilst BLM by its title is tackling racism against black people. It would be better if any anti racism group fully included people from all races & not just a certain section.... This is not to say any group deserve booing. 

Let’s kick it out began early nineties. Unfortunately something more needs to be done to highlight the continued discrimination of players. Nearly 30 years of KIO organisation has achieved what?

That is why we should all support players taking the knee as it is bringing the discussion into the open. If people want to widen the scope of the message (other minorities, religions, etc) that is great but I would suggest booing the players taking the knee is not a good way of showing it. 

This is not aimed at you, just to those who think booing is ok.

Edited by Farrelli

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Let’s kick it out began early nineties. Unfortunately something more needs to be done to highlight the continued discrimination of players. Nearly 30 years of KIO organisation has achieved what?

That is why we should all support players taking the knee as it is bringing the discussion into the open. If people want to widen the scope of the message (other minorities, religions, etc) that is great but I would suggest booing the players taking the knee is not a good way of showing it. 

This is not aimed at you, just to those who think booing is ok.

I doubt very much that anyone booing it isn't doing so because of its lack of inclusiveness 😂

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Hijacked.... AGAIN!

Exactly- a few Eastern European racists throw a few empty cups and do some monkey chants and wanderersways goes into world war three over taking the knee. Someone said the kick out wasn’t working and we need to do more; well taking the knee won’t do any more. We already have strict laws against racism and people will be jailed so let’s stop bickering and talk wanderers FFS. 

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL
Spelling

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Farrelli said:

A hell of a lot.

Watching football in the 80s and now are a million miles apart. Huge improvements.

Not perfect, but a culture where fans are more comfortable with outing individuals and perpetrators brought to justice.

Massively different, crowds up and a more pleasant experience. More nationalities than ever in the game and much better representation. 

Don't know where you've been, but the reality is there if you're prepared to recognise it.

Turn it round- what has the latest effort achieved, apart from more division?

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

17 hours ago, MickyD said:

Although revealing a t-shirt with writing many of them wouldn’t understand may have been a bit flawed. 

Sterling is vocal on certain social issues close to him

If his team mate at Manchester City is convicted I wonder If he'll do a t-shirt publicising rape awareness and prevention campaigns?

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Turn it round- what has the latest effort achieved, apart from more division?

A lot more than KIO in a fraction of the time. It is being talked about and debated rather than ignored. If by division you mean weeding out racist fans, such as those the other night, then it is having a positive effect. 

• Moderators

To those taking the knee, its nowt to do with BLM...fuck knows how many more times it needs saying

It's not even an anti racism statement...its anti discrimination of all kinds

According to those doing it, that is

what do they know, though

Clearly there's some on here who know those taking the knee are lieing and they are actually cop defunding marxists

15 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Sterling is vocal on certain social issues close to him

If his team mate at Manchester City is convicted I wonder If he'll do a t-shirt publicising rape awareness and prevention campaigns?

As long as Ronaldo wears a similar one for domestic violence prevention in support of Gigg’s girlfriend 

• Members

Looking forward to watching England these days there was a time particularly under capello and mclaren if they playing in the street I wouldn’t have opened the curtains 

Hodgson it was like playing under Coyle/Megson flat clueless amateur no plan b 

Now there’s a real identity

No team in the world would want to face us. The best national squad depth in the world with a manager who analyse every inch of every opponent picks players on merit. Breaths confidence into everyone of his players his handling of youngsters is second to none. 

Would love to see Bamford & Bellingham to get some minutes tomorrow 

Edited by Rudy