Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 minute ago, athywhite1958 said:

He attends the Remembrance Group meetings, top bloke, he can't believe that we still remember him as a decent player

Yeah, he can't get over how the people of Bolton take to him and other players. I told him it's all about honest graft. Put a shift in and Bolton fans will love you.

• Members
17 hours ago, Zico said:

That's still the most competitive it's been for some time but reckon you can chuck in Liverpool too

I know they had a good win at Leeds but I have this suspicion that the Liverpool system has been rumbled by the other big boys and, unless my hearing is failing, Klopp says he won't be changing it.

Time will tell I suppose. If I had to pick just one it would be Chelsea.

• Members
7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I know they had a good win at Leeds but I have this suspicion that the Liverpool system has been rumbled by the other big boys and, unless my hearing is failing, Klopp says he won't be changing it.

Time will tell I suppose. If I had to pick just one it would be Chelsea.

Won the CL without a top scorer and went and bought one of if not the best striker in the world. 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Delighted for him.

Interesting that his former team mate, owd Frank Lampard, binned him & more or kess told him he was free to leave in his short spell as manager.

Aye and further to that they initially offered cash plus alonso for lukaku 

Doesn't look like he was totally in favour in the summer but he's going something right this season

28 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye and further to that they initially offered cash plus alonso for lukaku 

Doesn't look like he was totally in favour in the summer but he's going something right this season

Just looked, he's not 31 till late December.  I had him at 35 or 36. He's got another 3 to 4 years even at that level.

His significant skill, a bit like Lampard, is his ability to come up with vital goals ... maybe Frankie was jealous.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Traf said:

Shit on corners?

Anyhow, he scores Premier League goals at a rate better than 1 in 6. Not bad at all.

Aye, great player. Got a bit of stick in here at times for his defending, but I feel that wingbacks are on a hiding to nothing at times.

22 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Place of work given 50 free tickets for tonight's game at the Etihad v Leipzig. 

6 left at 4.30pm, not a bad take up, and decent gesture by Citeh giving those empty seats away to local schools and Colleges.

I declined, although might have gone if I had been given a bit more notice.

Fucking tinpot, let’s be honest. Although I can see how the novelty of endless group games would eventually wear off. 

29 minutes ago, Zico said:

Said it before 

The CL Goals Show on BT Sport, in particular during the group stage, is the best footy show around 

Lisbon v Ajax is a great game

Great during the group stage, knowledgeable and not (too) excitable pundits screaming at everything like on the PL stuff

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Great during the group stage, knowledgeable and not (too) excitable pundits screaming at everything like on the PL stuff

And you see everything 

Harsh goal disallowed for porto at Madrid

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

And you see everything 

Harsh goal disallowed for porto at Madrid

It's the pinnacle of armchair football, no wonder people choose watching this over actually going to games!

I've been half watching it and only just realised just how many goals have gone in tonight it's crazy.

Meanwhile, Hughton can't survive this latest Forest defeat surely? Bit like the Freedman game there tonight by sounds of it people chanting sacked in the morning. They all want Wilder in.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Place of work given 50 free tickets for tonight's game at the Etihad v Leipzig. 

6 left at 4.30pm, not a bad take up, and decent gesture by Citeh giving those empty seats away to local schools and Colleges.

I declined, although might have gone if I had been given a bit more notice.

Daughters school on your old stomping ground got an offer for united v west ham, league cup

She is now looki g for a place to live and new parents having ordered a couple of dozen foc