Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Carlos said:

Here's the problem with modern football, throughout my life, Barca have been a great club, always worth watching. Cruyff, Romario, Stoichkov, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc. At no point did anyone have a clue what Cruyff was earning, or give a fuck.

That's correct.

Those old players you talk of would have been highly paid ,and whilst we didn't know their wages, would they have been so ridiculously high as they are now, in relative terms?

Money runs out at some point, whoever is paying it out.

It's happened to us, and numerous others, not sure why anyone should feel any differently just because its Barcelona or any other huge club.

Especially if some of that reputation has been gained on the back of paying over the odds for donkeys years.

Fair play rules etc there to help prevent this, but they don't seem to work or aren't implemented properly. 

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I'd say Barcelona are the 2nd most exciting, glamorous and charismatic sports club there has ever been.People expect the best players to be at that stature of club and expect them to be well paid.

Take away the day trippers from the likes of Barca, united Madrid and they’d have similar attendances to the massives. Hope they all go bust. Fuck them. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Take away the day trippers from the likes of Barca, united Madrid and they’d have similar attendances to the massives. Hope they all go bust. Fuck them. 

We all know such day trippers, hangers-on etc are only there for the good times. Don't suppose they're bothered as long as there are enough to fill the stadium and buy the merchandise. 

11 hours ago, Rudy said:

That’s only the transfers I know about fuck knows what the renewals of contracts look like 

Talk today that Ronald Koeman is to be sacked. ... & his management team. But that will cost close to €40m.

Then the cost of appointing a new set.

I wonder if they can afford it.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Talk today that Ronald Koeman is to be sacked. ... & his management team. But that will cost close to €40m.

No one mention Ian Evatts barrowcelona 

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Pay offs usually over period of contract.  Remember Moyes was still being paid two managers down the line at DMB

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I was sent this the other day 

"Read an article about Barcelona

To get Koeman they had to pay the Dutch FA £6m 

But they didn't have it and Koeman paid it himself 

He's on a two year contract and said if they give him a third year then he won't ask for the money back 

He's about a year in and they want to sack him but can't afford it. The president of Barcelona slags him off probably hoping he'll quit but he's thinking sack me, I'll get my contract paid off and you owe me six million quid"

10 minutes ago, Zico said:

I was sent this the other day 

"Read an article about Barcelona

To get Koeman they had to pay the Dutch FA £6m 

But they didn't have it and Koeman paid it himself 

He's on a two year contract and said if they give him a third year then he won't ask for the money back 

He's about a year in and they want to sack him but can't afford it. The president of Barcelona slags him off probably hoping he'll quit but he's thinking sack me, I'll get my contract paid off and you owe me six million quid"

That's absolutely mental if true. What a fucking circus. 

• Members
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

That's absolutely mental if true. What a fucking circus. 

Oh it’s true 

£7m bonus if he wins a trophy 

£2.5m if he gets them in the CL each year

He was told to get the wage bill under 80% of their income,  it was 121%

Messi Grizemann and Coutinho finally being off their books got it down to 89% so what have they done? 
Sold some of their imagining rights and increased ST prices 

Problem is they owe that to the bank who they are still acquiring huge interest on a loan they used to buy Grizemann

Proper fucked

Edited by Rudy

46 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Oh it’s true 

Messi Grizemann and Coutinho finally being off their books got it down to 89% so what have they done? 

Problem is they owe that to the bank who they are still acquiring huge interest on a loan they used to buy Grizemann

Proper fucked

They really could do with a few years of selling and only using that academy system, or picking cheap stars up like Pedri.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Pablo said:

They really could do with a few years of selling and only using that academy system, or picking cheap stars up like Pedri.

Need a full reset, problem is they owe so much money to so many people I don’t think they can afford to do it. They were the driving force behind the “Elite Super League” and probably why they still want in.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Oh it’s true 

Proper fucked

Coutinho still there 

Wijnaldam dodged a bullet going to PSG as well 

• Moderators

Slightly off topic, but don't want to start a fresh thread, Mike Flynn, manager of Newport County, resigned/was pushed out on Friday. A native of Newport & after 4.5yrs in his second spell & play-off final 2 years running, currently mid-table he seems a strange first managerial casualty of the season.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood