Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Take your point, especially that if they knew there were no seats free they'd not have decided they could get in.

However, at ground level, it was an arrogant mob mentality filled with drink, drugs and an "rules don't apply to me" attitude which created it.

And then a shitload of sheep who followed their lead 

Reet, Saturday has gone so another day/another dollar.

I'm off today so i feel a flutter in the pipeline. 

I expect/ hope/pray we beat MK.

I also expect you lot to put the Pilgrims to the sword...this is not just smoke blowing either you are a better side than um so simple as that.

Rotherham will butcher Wycombe. 

Sunland will scrawp past Crewe. 

£5 going on that.

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Take your point, especially that if they knew there were no seats free they'd not have decided they could get in.

However, at ground level, it was an arrogant mob mentality filled with drink, drugs and an "rules don't apply to me" attitude which created it.

Aye.

The huge crowds dicking about in the city would still have been there.

The streets afterwards resembled a post riot scene. Supposed to be a day of happiness and potential celebration.

Spoiled before a ball.had been kicked.

13 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

I also expect you lot to put the Pilgrims to the sword...this is not just smoke blowing either you are a better side than um so simple as that.

£5 going on that.

I wouldn’t be chucking money on us with 3 of first choice back 4 out and most experienced centre mid also out & captain carrying heavy knock. 

22 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

£5 going on that.

The strongest area of Bolton's team is the 2 full backs who were both unavailable v Wigan and are supposed to be unavailable tonight.

The lovely football from the 4th Division all stars Sarcevic and Sheehan only works against weaker Div 3 teams. Bolton have lost to Wigan, Sheff Weds and Sunderland without scoring a goal.The football doesn't produce results against the better teams in Div 3

Plymouth don't have the money of the 3 clubs mentioned above but to be top of the league  surely must be better organised than Bolton are, especially Bolton without the 2 good full backs.

I'm sure the football will be lovely and 3 points gained v Gillinghams poor team at the weekend though.

Apart from paying bigger wages for better players than Bolton can afford ,Wigan are far better defensively than Bolton.I would expect them to beat Milton Keynes to nil.Unlike some Bolton fans I don't think Wigan are so good they are nailed on Champions, i thought there was a lack of pace about the team and the goals came from Evatt's rank awful defensive organisation rather than great quality from Wigan.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Oh 1000%. A coked up mob with no respect for authority and, dare I say it, a sense of Brexit-fuelled imperialism. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not at all. It’s an attitude that’s always been there - think England fans singing No Surrender in Irish bars abroad - but has been emboldened by Brexit IMO 

Sorry, but that's pathetic. 

England fans have been dicks for many a year, not all of them of course, but its nothing new.

Looking a bit more deeply, by far most of the violent protests we've seen over recent times has come from those who are anti brexit. Whether directly or indirectly on other marches.

Given that London was very heavily loaded with remain voters, taking out the higher proportion of immigrants who may be remain centric, then that would still leave a higher proportion of remain voters within the crowd and beyond within the city.

A truly remarkable assertion made there, without any foundation or sense behind it.

We have a societal problem which needs addressing to make any difference.

6 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I don't think Wigan are so good they are nailed on Champions, i thought there was a lack of pace about the team and the goals came from Evatt's rank awful defensive organisation rather than great quality from Wigan.

A lack of pace?

They were far quicker and sharper than we were in all departments. Not good for us, if they lacked pace.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sorry, but that's pathetic. 

England fans have been dicks for many a year, not all of them of course, but its nothing new.

Looking a bit more deeply, by far most of the violent protests we've seen over recent times has come from those who are anti brexit. Whether directly or indirectly on other marches.

Given that London was very heavily loaded with remain voters, taking out the higher proportion of immigrants who may be remain centric, then that would still leave a higher proportion of remain voters within the crowd and beyond within the city.

A truly remarkable assertion made there, without any foundation or sense behind it.

We have a societal problem which needs addressing to make any difference.

3 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Sorry.

Have I really just seen Football hooliganism blamed on Brexit ?

Fucking Hell.

It’s all related to tabloid media ramping it up, social media etc etc but to me there’s an absolute link between the two. People who have always been dickheads but now feel they’re socially emboldened to behave like dickheads with little or no consequences as long as it’s in the name of the country as it where. Same sort of folk who walked past our pub in Plymouth earlier singing about how it’s a shithole and they want to go home. All linked to the general polarisation of society, I suppose.

And yes I’m literally stood on the terraces at Plymouth while replying to this. Better than the game I suppose and at least I get signal here unlike Middlebrook. 

3 hours ago, Rubberkex said:

Shit night for us both.

@Rubberkex, seeing as you're still here and contributing civilly (unlike most visitors), can I ask a serious question about attendances etc?

It's not a pissing competition, either, but I wonder that after a great result in front of your largest away following taken to Bolton, how do you feel when you only get 8,000 at home?

You're going well in the league, you've a good squad, your owner has a quid or two in the bank and all should look rosy, but the people of Wigan still aren't turning out. Do you find that disappointing or are there extenuating circumstances?  

PS I repeat, this is not a "your support is fucking shit" post. I detest that song, as it's often aimed at the wrong people. If a club bring a small following, their support is great, it's the ones who haven't turned out who are shit.

8 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

2...we came to the party late when allegiances have already been formed with other teams like Bolton in the Hindley area. These are predominantly old men and the younger end are now mostly Wigan. Add to that the glory hunters of Utd and Liverpool and its hard work. Wigan has a very young fan base so in time things will improve. 

I think this is a very fair point and has had implications for us too.  I know of several Wanderers fans in my age group (40s-50s) who were brought up in Tyldesley, Atherton, Leigh etc

That next generation in those areas not already hoovered up by ManU and City, are probably more likely to go to Wigan than come to Bolton, now we're on a par with each other.