Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

3 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Frank was through on goal with only Gary Bailey to beat. Frank fainted to go left, then flicked the ball with the outside of his right foot and the ball went past Bailey’s left into the back of the net.

I was in the stand above the Bolton fans in the scoreboard end where the goal was scored. Tickets bought through my United connections. Glorious night. Liverpool fans will be celebrating tonight but nothing like we did that night. F3C6D15E-9E33-4CDB-81C4-2225110F2BFF.jpeg.50679599cab130da09ddac65d818dcb9.jpeg

Unforgettable 

34 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

1978 pal. 21st December 1978 to be exact. We then did the double on them the following April.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18373692.amp/

Anyone who didn’t go to that match or in fact wasn’t even born, look at that photo of Frank scoring the second goal. Look at their positions in the photo and wonder how he scored. I’ll explain later.

Wasn’t sure of the year, originally put 79…. Was there though & at OT for the 1-2 Should of known though as we went down in 1980. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

19 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Frank was through on goal with only Gary Bailey to beat. Frank fainted to go left, then flicked the ball with the outside of his right foot and the ball went past Bailey’s left into the back of the net.

I was in the stand above the Bolton fans in the scoreboard end where the goal was scored. Tickets bought through my United connections. Glorious night. Liverpool fans will be celebrating tonight but nothing like we did that night. F3C6D15E-9E33-4CDB-81C4-2225110F2BFF.jpeg.50679599cab130da09ddac65d818dcb9.jpeg

I'd love to see footage of the home and away games that season but it's just never going to happen is it. 

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I'd love to see footage of the home and away games that season but it's just never going to happen is it. 

It would be great to see it but for me, I have my memories. No one will ever take that away.
We now live in an era where everything is available online.  
Not sure whether that’s good or bad. 
Is a book better than a film?

3 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

It would be great to see it but for me, I have my memories. No one will ever take that away.
We now live in an era where everything is available online.  
Not sure whether that’s good or bad. 
Is a book better than a film?

Depends who's written it 😀 

Your description of the goal above is great, sounds brilliant.

23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wasn’t sure of the year, originally put 79…. Was there though & at OT for the 1-2 Should of known though as we went down in 1980. 

I remember most of what went on in the sixties and seventies, not sure about anything after that. 😊 

Actually, I remember pretty much most of everything until that bloke who’s name I won’t repeat came into our lives and turned it all upside down.

Onwards and upwards 👍

6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

They've missed a trick big time by not having Keane there in amongst that lot, studio would have been rocking.

Yes but we know why he isn’t there.

If Keane was there then Souness would have to go. 

Edited by captainmed