Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

No a step up from that like a modern day version of Cup Winners Cup. Supposedly to get more of the small nations into European competitions (the final is at a smaller ground in Albania or somewhere like that)

Yet Roma and Spurs are in it which surely skews it all. Them two meeting in the final at a smaller ground in Eastern Europe...

Roma was the team I saw in it and I was thinking what the fuck is this. 

Didn't realise spurs were in it. 

Saw Lincoln had a game and my head melted until I realised it was Gibraltar! 🤣 

8 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Roma was the team I saw in it and I was thinking what the fuck is this. 

Didn't realise spurs were in it. 

Saw Lincoln had a game and my head melted until I realised it was Gibraltar! 🤣 

Haha yeah giving experience to clubs from nations like Gibraltar is the advertised motive for it  - also probably helps failed giants have another crack at a trophy on the side like.

Roma aren't half struggling against this Norwegian side, lost 6-1 away to them last week 🤣

23 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

They'd had some decent results of late too.  Outsupported by the likes of Blackpool and Bournemouth now.

Their crowds never seem to improve after good results, like they are oblivious.  They were in league one quite recently, they don't seem to appreciate what a decent team they've got.  We'd be buzzing to be top half championship.

Expect a big crowd on Saturday v Sheff U, top price £14.60, £3 for U17s, £5 U23s, all the scrotes will be sent there by their parents.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Their crowds never seem to improve after good results, like they are oblivious.  They were in league one quite recently, they don't seem to appreciate what a decent team they've got.  We'd be buzzing to be top half championship.

Expect a big crowd on Saturday v Sheff U, top price £14.60, £3 for U17s, £5 U23s, all the scrotes will be sent there by their parents.

A lot of their fans are still disillusioned with Venkys and believe Mowbray has run his course.

While I agree to an extent on the Mowbray thing the dour bastard, they need to be careful what they wish for with Venkys.

When we were going through the mill, 1 dingle said ‘at least we’ll never have to sell a fuckin car park to pay the tea lady’.

What happens when they’ve had enough of pumping £2m per month in to keep them afloat on top of £150m already pumped in.

They are a lost cause for the Indians

52 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

A lot of their fans are still disillusioned with Venkys and believe Mowbray has run his course.

While I agree to an extent on the Mowbray thing the dour bastard, they need to be careful what they wish for with Venkys.

When we were going through the mill, 1 dingle said ‘at least we’ll never have to sell a fuckin car park to pay the tea lady’.

What happens when they’ve had enough of pumping £2m per month in to keep them afloat on top of £150m already pumped in.

They are a lost cause for the Indians

Have they got any car parks to sell?

21 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Got a fair size one at the back of the Darwen end.

Just sold a chunk of land to a company owned by Venkys. Beginning of the end? I’d be a bit worried

I hope so as I don’t fucking like them.

I think that there’s a massive disparity between the worth of the land where our respective grounds and immediate land are sited, maybe something your six fingered dingle friends ignore.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Got a fair size one at the back of the Darwen end.

Just sold a chunk of land to a company owned by Venkys. Beginning of the end? I’d be a bit worried

Yep, just to get round FFP rules.

Kept the land within the family but adds around £15m sales towards the accounts - job done for another season.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I hope so as I don’t fucking like them.

I think that there’s a massive disparity between the worth of the land where our respective grounds and immediate land are sited, maybe something your six fingered dingle friends ignore.

The land sold was out Brockhall way where the training ground is. They backed down from selling it to develop houses on a few months ago.

can’t imagine it will be long before newco puts in for planning application

Edited by Biggish Dave

8 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

The land sold was out Brockhall way where the training ground is. They backed down from selling it to develop houses on a few months ago.

can’t imagine it will be long before newco puts in for planning application

It’s in the ribble valley yeah? The training ground that is. The ground itself is still in a shit location. 

I think you’ll be right that eventually that prime asset will go.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Morizio said:

It’s in the ribble valley yeah? The training ground that is. The ground itself is still in a shit location. 

I think you’ll be right that eventually that prime asset will go.

Yes, ribble valley so fairly decent value except Coyle will be a neighbour.

Correct, Ewood is in a shitty area

• Members
3 hours ago, Steejay said:

Yep, just to get round FFP rules.

Kept the land within the family but adds around £15m sales towards the accounts - job done for another season.

Until they close the legal loopholes of FFP and clear up the grey areas it’ll continue to happen. 
They’ll turn a blind eye to it as well they won’t let PL champions go bust 🙄