Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 hour ago, farnworth white said:

Looking like the end of Agent Solksjaer

I don't see how he stays. It's nice to be nice and patience is a great virtue and all that, but 4-1 to Watford in a game where he said "you'll see a reaction" following recent results is a smashing too far, surely.

Pity, as he's done such a good job of mismanaging them I'd like to see him continue.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I don't see how he stays. It's nice to be nice and patience is a great virtue and all that, but 4-1 to Watford in a game where he said "you'll see a reaction" following recent results is a smashing too far, surely.

Pity, as he's done such a good job of mismanaging them I'd like to see him continue.

It was plain to see against Liverpool but even more against City. They’re miles off.

Its brilliant.

63D7B9B6-3CF2-4913-8ACF-ABA041D00F36.gif.4198ffff1813edcd337bf3c56e8ce22c.gif

2 hours ago, freds dad said:

For the first time in years I might watch MOTD tonight.

This will be be good watch

Edit - and not just because of the Watford game but it's rare to get 8 matches on a Saturday MOTD, feels like the old days.

Edited by Marc505

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Hoping against hope that they stick with him. Watching MOTD and others has been really enjoyable in recent times.

Surely there's some Ted Lasso type character the Glazers can trawl up over there?

It doesn't matter a great deal who the manager is.Proven Champions League winners Van Gaal and Mourinho were unable to compete with the oil clubs on their smaller budget at Old Trafford.Jose won the league at Chelsea when he had the largest budget in the league

It matters a bit who the manager is.If they were  able to appoint the best manager in the world as Liverpool did to win their only league title in 30 years things would improve at Old Trafford.But even so Liverpool still win less trophies than the oil  clubs City and Chelsea.The best manager in the world is less important to a club's success than the oil money which is a good thing if you hate Liverpool

Edited by Roger_Dubuis