Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Shots now being fired in the war over the future of international football. A almost World Cup non-World Cup alongside the actual World Cup?

So are they pretty much saying anything outside Europe and America is irrelevant in footballing terms? I’d say swathes of Africa may disagree.

18 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So are they pretty much saying anything outside Europe and America is irrelevant in footballing terms? I’d say swathes of Africa may disagree.

In a very Super League way, lets cut the chaff out and get to what the public really wants to see

Or so they think.

Edited by Marc505

17 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just when places have banned travel from the UK!

When are games supposed to be played?

Taken from The Internet.

England Nations League fixtures in full:

Hungary vs EnglandJune 4, 2022

Germany vs England June 7, 2022

England vs Italy June 11, 2022

England vs Hungary, June 14, 2022

Italy vs England, September 23, 2022

England vs Germany, September 26, 2022

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

In a very Super League way, lets cut the chaff out and get to what the public really wants to see

Or so they think.

To be fair, given that to get to the big-boy’s competition, we need to play some bollocks teams like San Marino, Andorra, etc., perhaps Brazil and Argentina want to play them too.

17 minutes ago, tomski said:

Shocker. Flogging the game to death these pricks

I think this particular plan is part of the wider war over what happens with international football, a direct response to Wenger's mental biennial World Cup plan.

It all just dilutes international football more and more for me, WC should be a stand out event.

40 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I think this particular plan is part of the wider war over what happens with international football, a direct response to Wenger's mental biennial World Cup plan.

It all just dilutes international football more and more for me, WC should be a stand out event.

It’s about money. Honestly they’ll be no product left in 25 years. 

Like Lemon Sorbet once a far flung treat from the mysteries of France. 

Then came over here mainstream and no one likes it anymore except me.

8 minutes ago, tomski said:

Ha! I like a lemon sorbet a palate cleanser, but too much of it and you feel sick. Just like the World Cup, the World Cup should be an exclusive sorbet not a tub of gino ginelli.

• Site Supporter

Can someone explain how, in 2021, over 50% of EFL ans Premier League games are off with Covid19 cited as the reason. Yet every single FA trophy (Semi-pro) fixture are on? 😳🤔. Is this anything to do with extra staffing costs for vetting C19 passports/vaccination status, or Managers using a break to get players fit....

• Members
14 hours ago, tomski said:

South American countries are being thrown into the European nations league by 2024 for no other reason than money 

1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

Can someone explain how, in 2021, over 50% of EFL ans Premier League games are off with Covid19 cited as the reason. Yet every single FA trophy (Semi-pro) fixture are on? 😳🤔. Is this anything to do with extra staffing costs for vetting C19 passports/vaccination status, or Managers using a break to get players fit....

Non league players will play through most things, sniffle, heavy night out, slight niggle etc, the entitled lot won’t. 

18 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Non league players will play through most things, sniffle, heavy night out, slight niggle etc, the entitled lot won’t. 

Non-league players are considered 'grass roots' so don't have to test, whereas clubs in the 92 have to do testing three times a week and remain in their training bubbles where possible.

• Members
27 minutes ago, tomski said:

It’s pathetic mate. The World Cup will be devalued to Le tournai levels by the next generation 

It’s a joke, not taking into consideration the players or the fans. Just pure greed. And the thing is because the national league isn’t recognised as a fully competitive fixture they can sell the tv rights to the highest bidder and the nations don’t make any more money. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Non-league players are considered 'grass roots' so don't have to test, whereas clubs in the 92 have to do testing three times a week and remain in their training bubbles where possible.

Them training bubbles work a treat 

Especially just before Christmas. 

My thoughts exactly - and when you think about it - semi-pros who also have a proper job are doing a lot more mixing than the pampered PL players

And the stretford rags reported as only having 7 players available - out of a squad of about 60!!!

2 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Them training bubbles work a treat 

Especially just before Christmas. 

They aren't even managing to stop first teams and U23s mixing, never mind Government-style Christmas parties and the like.

1 minute ago, bwfc2003 said:

My thoughts exactly - and when you think about it - semi-pros who also have a proper job are doing a lot more mixing than the pampered PL players

And the stretford rags reported as only having 7 players available - out of a squad of about 60!!!

Their U23 game was called off last night as well so presumably the cases have spread