Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

9 hours ago, Pablo said:

Bolton fans are no different, they give manager and team stick at one of last away games.

Nobody thinks a magic wand can be waved, and every manager has been better than rafa, sam did ok but was nowhere near to being onto anything he was another manager stuck in the past…..others have done ok, Martinez did better than any of them at one point…..but this right now is shocking with the worst win rate since mike walker, he has broke almost every bad record, its comically bad. 

almost all managers fail and get sacked, its the nature of the game.

I just don’t think sacking managers in a short time frame is the answer, I’ve watched quite a few Everton games this season and for me when they’ve had full squad out they’ve played some decent stuff and been good to watch, granted they’ve had a few shocking results, but Rome wasn’t built in a day, just think some patience is required.

Considering how awful Everton are, their away support is staggering. 

Their recent mid-week away game @ Chelsea was the first time that tickets went on sale to a season ticket holder with no caps from previous aways.  

Anyway this is what a ST holder who works with my son told him. 

10 hours ago, Pablo said:

Bolton fans are no different, they give manager and team stick at one of last away games.

Nobody thinks a magic wand can be waved, and every manager has been better than rafa, sam did ok but was nowhere near to being onto anything he was another manager stuck in the past…..others have done ok, Martinez did better than any of them at one point…..but this right now is shocking with the worst win rate since mike walker, he has broke almost every bad record, its comically bad. 

almost all managers fail and get sacked, its the nature of the game.

Was only discussing this in pub last night. Not long ago that a manager was judged on their 3rd season as having his own team (well in my head) mental how it’s changed. Used to think the Spanish were mental for chopping through managers, now we’re probably worse.

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I just don’t think sacking managers in a short time frame is the answer, I’ve watched quite a few Everton games this season and for me when they’ve had full squad out they’ve played some decent stuff and been good to watch, granted they’ve had a few shocking results, but Rome wasn’t built in a day, just think some patience is required.

You are right in we need to give managers time, but not time with no target or expectations. You want to see some structure, way of playing, ideas and some direction and/organisation, We are seeing none of that now, the players look to have no directions or plan and no organisation, its all gone to shite from Ancelotti’s organised defence.

the games we have done well is more huff and puff effort, and the arsenal game was the crowd dragging to the end. Cant rely on that at all.

Rafa is also not known for at staying long to implement these long term things….but is supposed to be good at defending and setting teams up to not lose, we are easier to score against than ever.

he has kicked out our best players…this is also what he is well known for…..and then moans at lack of squad depth.

our injuries are the same as everyone else, and n out even as bad other managers we have had.

He may well get some results as we have winnable games, like Brighton was lol, So will paper over all this “form”. 

Would rather have give Dyche a go and give him 2/3 years than give a washed up manager another shot.

17 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Liverpool have won 1 Premier League title, Chelsea 5 and Manchester United 13

So you tell me which club spent its money the most productively in this era

I've just vomited into a McVicar TRX.

Who gives a fuck about the vermin.

Everyone laughs at their shambolic forays in Europe.

I don't care for Liverpool but how many times have they been champions of Europe in comparison to the scum?

It's disgusting hearing shite commenting positively on the rags.

This is a Bolton forum.

7 minutes ago, Pablo said:

You are right in we need to give managers time, but not time with no target or expectations. You want to see some structure, way of playing, ideas and some direction and/organisation, We are seeing none of that now, the players look to have no directions or plan and no organisation, its all gone to shite from Ancelotti’s organised defence.

the games we have done well is more huff and puff effort, and the arsenal game was the crowd dragging to the end. Cant rely on that at all.

Rafa is also not known for at staying long to implement these long term things….but is supposed to be good at defending and setting teams up to not lose, we are easier to score against than ever.

he has kicked out our best players…this is also what he is well known for…..and then moans at lack of squad depth.

our injuries are the same as everyone else, and n out even as bad other managers we have had.

He may well get some results as we have winnable games, like Brighton was lol, So will paper over all this “form”. 

Would rather have give Dyche a go and give him 2/3 years than give a washed up manager another shot.

Don’t think your fans would put up with Dyche for long enough to make a difference, he’d face similar issues to Sam, In turn Dyche wouldn’t want interference from the board, he’s an old skool manager who wants complete control over every part of the club. 

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Don’t think your fans would put up with Dyche for long enough to make a difference, he’d face similar issues to Sam, In turn Dyche wouldn’t want interference from the board, he’s an old skool manager who wants complete control over every part of the club. 

Yes defo, but he would be given more time than rafa just for the fact that he is not rafa.

you can underestimate how much rafa was hated before he joined us, he had nothing in the bank with the fans after what had happened in the past.

and thats stuff matters, else whats the point in anything.

27 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I've just vomited into a McVicar TRX.

Who gives a fuck about the vermin.

Everyone laughs at their shambolic forays in Europe.

I don't care for Liverpool but how many times have they been champions of Europe in comparison to the scum?

It's disgusting hearing shite commenting positively on the rags.

This is a Bolton forum.

Chelsea and their billion quid of oil money don't.The laughter about that Champions League final was at how shite the Chelsea following was.Anyone would have thought a small club with a small fanbase had had a billion quid of oil money thrown at it.

8 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Chelsea and their billion quid of oil money don't.The laughter about that Champions League final was at how shite the Chelsea following was.Anyone would have thought a small club with a small fanbase had had a billion quid of oil money thrown at it.

Don’t recall anyone of this parish giving even the slightest bit of a fuck, never mind any cock waving over who took more fans.

16 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Cheers now I have two trainers filled with vomit.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Yes defo, but he would be given more time than rafa just for the fact that he is not rafa.

you can underestimate how much rafa was hated before he joined us, he had nothing in the bank with the fans after what had happened in the past.

and thats stuff matters, else whats the point in anything.

Conversely,  with us,  Owen Coyle had plenty 'in the bank' when he came to us. It meant his tenure was way longer than it ought to have been. 

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

How about you just fuck off, you boring lying cunt.

Are you acting the cunt on other forums?

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

And his gay lover David Price.

Her off Corrie carrying him on her back (Bellew) she went right up in my estimation - the big fat lazy twat (Bellew).

They were taking it in turns to be the "casualty". She didn't just pick him up because he decided he couldn't be arsed! 😂

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

They were taking it in turns to be the "casualty". She didn't just pick him up because he decided he couldn't be arsed! 😂

Maybe - but I'd rather nob her than be bummed by Bellew.

I saw her once on Deansgate - she's very pretty, holding hands with a perfumed ponce who was prancing like a tit, he wanted working on.

5 hours ago, captainmed said:

Considering how awful Everton are, their away support is staggering. 

Their recent mid-week away game @ Chelsea was the first time that tickets went on sale to a season ticket holder with no caps from previous aways.  

Anyway this is what a ST holder who works with my son told him. 

Ye, away games are a bit of a closed shop, once you stop going like I did, its close to impossible to get back in without years of building again.