Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

3 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

been reported as about 3.5k Boro  putting bastards at 10k ish for a team with 1 leg in PL - shithouses

Never known a club to have so many fans desert em. Probably met a handful of ‘used to be Blackburn’ fans. Bottom feeders.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Never known a club to have so many fans desert em. Probably met a handful of ‘used to be Blackburn’ fans. Bottom feeders.

Not a big club since about 1892

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, tomski said:

“Won’t watch them while <Venkys/Mowbray/strange shade of blue on shirt/not Premier League>*

*Delete if not appropriate 

3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Dempsey playing for Gills tonight v Shrewsbury

Stockport going top of the NL tonight, they've been on some run since beating us in the FAC

Dempsey reportedly much happier at Gills now that the manager has gone.

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wouldn't have stayed long. Either moved on again for profit or sold off back to Palace.

Oh, certainly. But we'd have had a player, not a Sordell who never played. We'd have got that extra point, stayed up & who knows.

Then made a profit.

It'd have been worth the small extra.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Oh, certainly. But we'd have had a player, not a Sordell who never played. We'd have got that extra point, stayed up & who knows.

Then made a profit.

It'd have been worth the small extra.

Maybe.

Or he could have potted his leg, or just been shit.

Lots of ifs.

Fwiw, I'm glad we didn't get him; one of the most petulant, moaning footballers I've seen.

Apart from a brief spell at utd, he's not gone anywhere big and never did anything with England. Surely there is a reason for this?

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe.

Or he could have potted his leg, or just been shit.

Lots of ifs.

Fwiw, I'm glad we didn't get him; one of the most petulant, moaning footballers I've seen.

Apart from a brief spell at utd, he's not gone anywhere big and never did anything with England. Surely there is a reason for this?

Not really the issue.

A half season later he moved to Stretford for £10m ... we'd have got him for a Sordell (£3m) plus £250k.

He only played 2 league games for Stretford before being loaned back to Palace, Cardiff, Palace again & finally re-signed for Palace.

Stories at the time were that he was shagging Moyses' daughter. Not only that but being very indiscrete about it.

I agree he's a prick & inconsistent. But he'd have been better than Sordell AND we'd have moved him on for considerably more than the £250k we scrimped on.

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Not really the issue.

A half season later he moved to Stretford for £10m ... we'd have got him for a Sordell (£3m) plus £250k.

He only played 2 league games for Stretford before being loaned back to Palace, Cardiff, Palace again & finally re-signed for Palace.

Stories at the time were that he was shagging Moyses' daughter. Not only that but being very indiscrete about it.

I agree he's a prick & inconsistent. But he'd have been better than Sordell AND we'd have moved him on for considerably more than the £250k we scrimped on.

Like I said- all ifs and buts.

No one knows what he'd have done. Total supposition, and all a bit pointless. History is littered with similar stories and no doubt for all clubs.

What if we'd signed Drogba?

General opinion on here at the time was that our chairmen did the right thing by not busting the bank and overspending. Had we done who knows what would have happened, but its of no consequence.