Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DazBob said:

It's very ambiguous when you read it carefully.

Not sure it could be clearer? 

He's selling the club 

All loans (£1.5bn I believe) are wiped out 

Net profit of sale goes to charity for Ukraine war victims

15 minutes ago, Zico said:

Not sure it could be clearer? 

He's selling the club 

All loans (£1.5bn I believe) are wiped out 

Net profit of sale goes to charity for Ukraine war victims

He says victims of the war in Ukraine. Does that include Russians?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DazBob said:

He says victims of the war in Ukraine. Does that include Russians?

You'd like to think not, particularly as they're mentioned alongside funding long term recovery 

But i guess you never know

• Members
2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

i think it’s all part of him trying to keep a lid on something very serious coming out 

I read this recently and a comment near the end about power and influence had me thinking about why blokes like Abramovich want to own high profile clubs.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60483819

On the face of it, his comments suggest that making money is not a consideration. Is he just a football fan who wanted a plaything or is it status related?

11 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I read this recently and a comment near the end about power and influence had me thinking about why blokes like Abramovich want to own high profile clubs.

On the face of it, his comments suggest that making money is not a consideration. Is he just a football fan who wanted a plaything or is it status related?

Hes a glory hunting money bagged cunt. 

He couldn't do it on a wet Tuesday night at Plymouth argyle... And neither could we. 

24 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Abramovic once sued a journalist (and won) who said he had been ordered to buy Chelsea by Putin for sportswashing reasons

The Premier League says "The Premier  League and our clubs wholeheartedly reject Russia's actions and will be showing support for the people of Ukraine at all matches this weekend.

but no mention of the people of Yemen being bombed by the states that own Newcastle and Man City ...

1 minute ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The Premier League says "The Premier  League and our clubs wholeheartedly reject Russia's actions and will be showing support for the people of Ukraine at all matches this weekend.

but no mention of the people of Yemen being bombed by the states that own Newcastle and Man City ...

They're brown though, so they don't matter as much

15 hours ago, bolty58 said:

For people with this amount of money, it's not about making more money I don't think, I've always presumed it's just a status thing.