Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The Premier League says "The Premier  League and our clubs wholeheartedly reject Russia's actions and will be showing support for the people of Ukraine at all matches this weekend.

but no mention of the people of Yemen being bombed by the states that own Newcastle and Man City ...

Theres a first time for everything so I have to say.... Fair point, well made. 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, gonzo said:

Or money laundering.

Losing 1.5 bn in the process won't have Putin purring!

It's arguably worse than that though, as the money was effectively stolen from the "public purse" at the break up of the soviet Union. Then spread out amongst Putin's supporters etc for safe keeping and investing abroad to hide and grow.

That was their reward for supporting Putin- an article yesterday detailing that 20 years or so on, these same oligarchs are now shit scared of him. Now he has the power he no longer needs them as support and instead has them by the bollocks through fear of assassination. If he says he wants or needs something buying, they do it.

Surely they must organise his downfall soon.

8 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The Premier League says "The Premier  League and our clubs wholeheartedly reject Russia's actions and will be showing support for the people of Ukraine at all matches this weekend.

but no mention of the people of Yemen being bombed by the states that own Newcastle and Man City ...

Not to mention the 14000 ethnic Russians killed in the Donbas since 2014 mainly by the Neo-Nazi national guard (Azov brigade) 

Personally no time for Putin  or the invasion but this type of virtue signalling pisses me off.Simplistic button pressing.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Losing 1.5 bn in the process won't have Putin purring!

It's arguably worse than that though, as the money was effectively stolen from the "public purse" at the break up of the soviet Union. Then spread out amongst Putin's supporters etc for safe keeping and investing abroad to hide and grow.

That was their reward for supporting Putin- an article yesterday detailing that 20 years or so on, these same oligarchs are now shit scared of him. Now he has the power he no longer needs them as support and instead has them by the bollocks through fear of assassination. If he says he wants or needs something buying, they do it.

Surely they must organise his downfall soon.

This article? It is a very good read.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/03/roman-empire-rise-fall-abramovich-reign-chelsea-fc?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Cheese

2 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Just showing support 

No different then wearing armbands and donating to the charaty

Also fucking pointless. 

There's no displaced Ukrainians thinking "I'm so glad the Premier league have posted on twitter that they stand with Ukraine and are wearing blue and yellow laces this weekend. It makes it so much easier that I've had to leave my home with only the shirt on my back whilst my husband stays behind to fight...

And he's not even a world boxing champion. He's no chance.

I'll take solace that 63 year old Clive in Falmouth has changed his Facebook profile frame to a blue and yellow ribbon... Everything will be fine"

In the context of the promotion race, that win for MK Dons at Rotherham was massive.  If they'd lost there, top 2 virtually promoted.  1-0 down, and down to 10 men after 25 minutes at the league leaders, what a turnaround and result.

MK Dons v Wigan next week. Could go 3 points above them if they also beat Cheltenham midweek.