Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

17 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

A couple of astute signings in the Summer, get Sheehan and Isgrove back fit plus Fossey signed up and we will be in the top six next season. 

I agree, and it's an exciting prospect. 2 or 3 more players to propel us to hopefully a tilt at promotion rather than the prospect of needing to sign half a team in the hope of trying to survive in Championship. I'm really looking forward to it.

10 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Don’t want top six. Automatic promotion or we failed.  Bolton (recently) don’t do well at Wembley. 

I know you have to be in it to win it, but I bet Sunderland fans aren't jumping for joy at the thought of play offs given their recent record. Great way to go up, horrible way to stay down.

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

How many times has he played this uesr ? Cried off from them again ladt week, turns up fit as you like at the Welsh camp. Scores 2.

He's been this way for seasons.

At £600k pw he deserves all the criticism that comes his way. Frankly I'd terminate him. .... & not just his salary.

Not sure what his salary has to do with anything. They gave him the contract and he's going to take it.

What do folk want him to do? Give some back?

He was in the top 3 in the world for a short time. Won 4 CLs and scored a worldie in the final.

All went tits when Zidane didnt like him and he just couldn't get fit.

The same gutter press pelted him for playing golf. 

Zidane didn't like him because he used to chuck his faeces on the dressing room wall and openly masturbate, he would then have a paddy and swing from the fitments.

And he could never be fit, he's like an anorexic sumo wrestler bred with Tarzan's pal Cheeta.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Ipswich have a chance of play offs

and we beat them comfortably twice 

Ipswich or Sunderland if one of the teams above them slip up. I fancy Ipswich as they are on a charge.

We're a good six goals off the pace, that is what not getting the set piece routines in place does. You can't walk it into the net all the time. 

At this point in the season it is all about goal difference.

14 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That wobble in autumn really cost us.

It really was one heck of a wobble too. From play-off positions to looking at bottom 4. Coincident with Sacevicgate and Gethin's long absence.

Doyle was obviously affected by Sarce, plus we were still trying to convince ourselves that, because he was better than Crellin, Dixon was good enough.

The January window was exceptional, thankfully. 

15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That wobble in autumn really cost us.

Just hope we can improve/strengthen for next season.

May lose a couple, but that's life.

It did and if we have a slow first half of the season next year questions need to be asked. Hopefully gets right over a full season this time.

14 minutes ago, green genie said:

Second best yesterday against a strong side wouldn’t want to see again in play offs. Thankfully given ourselves bit of a buffer but can’t afford slip up in big game against Oxford to start our horrendous April run in. 

Think you’ve as good as chance as any when they come round. I think whoever finishes 3rd will have slight advantage but may have a kick in the bollocks on missing out on autos. Think it will be MK dons

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, tomski said:

It did and if we have a slow first half of the season next year questions need to be asked. Hopefully gets right over a full season this time.

The start this time wasn't so bad. The middle bit that went to rat shit, with sarcegate etc.

So long as any bad eggs are removed before the start of the season, we'll be reet.

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The start this time wasn't so bad. The middle bit that went to rat shit, with sarcegate etc.

So long as any bad eggs are removed before the start of the season, we'll be reet.

Hope so. Hopefully we’ve learned that starting well behind everyone come Jan isn’t great.

10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If we have any then yes, I agree. Attitude, assuming ability exists, is everything.

If, however, last summer Evatt had turfed out Sarce & then let Doyle go for nowt I suspect we'd have thought he was bonkers.

This werk he was making noises about knowing his targets and already being a good way down the line with some of them.

Obviously while there's an outside chance of promotion these will vary, but a higher division would open new options.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

Clearly the Sarce/Doyle thing badly affected us but I also still think Evatt got it wrong not signing another striker in the summer. It was obvious to everyone that we were lightweight yet he refused to accept it. Had he signed Shockley, a free agent, it might all have been very different?

• Members
20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Charles was almost a done deal last summer. All our eggs were in that basket.

They didn’t want to play ball and thought they could get him to sign a new deal. Played hardball and got a good bit of coin for him but its cost us

3 hours ago, green genie said:

Second best yesterday against a strong side wouldn’t want to see again in play offs. Thankfully given ourselves bit of a buffer but can’t afford slip up in big game against Oxford to start our horrendous April run in. 

Seen that mad lad climbing the rafters in Ipswich away end yesterday. At the very least he'll have piles of unshiftable muck all over his clothes and trainers today 😂

On the basis of what we've seen this season there's going to be some really strong teams in the play offs, impossible to call. Will be great to watch but agony to be involved with!