Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 hour ago, desperado said:

He’s the one who got Beckham sent off isn’t he for play acting?

I’ve seen his players do that loads of time encouraged by him when they are winning.

Tonight when they are winning you’ve seen his players pulling hair, surrounding and touching the referee, attempting to provoke opposition players and allowing his players to lose control.

He’s Not for me. I’m glad they’re out.

As you say he’s marmite and certainly splits opinion.

The only concession I’ll give in the Evatt comparison is that there are some shared traits in him being passionate, loyal and vocal.

But he’s not a cheating cunt like Simeone 😊

Did we watch the same game? 

I don't get the love-in so many have for Atletico.

They're just horrible cunts, plain and simple.  I'd have a modicum of respect if they were genuinely a 'hard' team like we had with Taggart, Sheridan and co.  Simeone's lot wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes on the pitch at Burnden. 

Look at the evidence last night.  They targeted Foden, who is about 6 stone pissed wet through, but only from behind when he wasn't looking.  One of them headbutted Sterling.  One of them pulled Grealish's hair.  They really went after City's top boys there didn't they.

They're just a team full of Robbie Savages (the long haired Welsh prick, not our arse revealer).

That last 20 minutes they were in with a real shout of getting the equaliser but fucked it up for themselves and ultimately wasted their own time with their shithousery.

Football was the winner last night.  Well done Citeh.

• Members
5 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I don't get the love-in so many have for Atletico.

They're just horrible cunts, plain and simple.  I'd have a modicum of respect if they were genuinely a 'hard' team like we had with Taggart, Sheridan and co.  Simeone's lot wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes on the pitch at Burnden. 

Look at the evidence last night.  They targeted Foden, who is about 6 stone pissed wet through, but only from behind when he wasn't looking.  One of them headbutted Sterling.  One of them pulled Grealish's hair.  They really went after City's top boys there didn't they.

They're just a team full of Robbie Savages (the long haired Welsh prick, not our arse revealer).

That last 20 minutes they were in with a real shout of getting the equaliser but fucked it up for themselves and ultimately wasted their own time with their shithousery.

Football was the winner last night.  Well done Citeh.

It’s been their tactic for years. Led by head cunt himself. Who was doing it as a player. 
It’s not great to watch. There’s being a tough side to beat and intimidating place to go but they’re the first ones to be rolling about when they’ve been slightly fouled. Pathetic really. 

11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It’s been their tactic for years. Led by head cunt himself. Who was doing it as a player. 
It’s not great to watch. There’s being a tough side to beat and intimidating place to go but they’re the first ones to be rolling about when they’ve been slightly fouled. Pathetic really. 

Had to laugh when Simeone ran on the pitch telling his players to stop the shithousing and to calm down and get on with it.

Bit late for that, dickhead. :D

Funny how people talk about them like they're some plucky underdogs. They won La Liga last season and have a 115 million quid striker. If they focused more on scoring rather than being dicks last night they could have done some actual damage. They opted for the pantomime baddie bollocks though 🤡

• Moderators
2 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Funny how people talk about them like they're some plucky underdogs. They won La Liga last season and have a 115 million quid striker. If they focused more on scoring rather than being dicks last night they could have done some actual damage. They opted for the pantomime baddie bollocks though 🤡

Well i enjoyed it anyway, made for a great spectacle i thought 

They tried to deal with city as probably best they could and i expected nothing less from them

One or two PL clubs should try it instead of rolling over or putting ten men behind the ball 

Would've loved it had Suarez bagged in the 97th minute 

55 minutes ago, Zico said:

They tried to deal with city as probably best they could and i expected nothing less from them

One or two PL clubs should try it instead of rolling over or putting ten men behind the ball 

I didn't like their antics after the final whistle but I agree it's good to watch a properly organised team like them frustrate the opposition.

6 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I didn't like their antics after the final whistle but I agree it's good to watch a properly organised team like them frustrate the opposition.

Aye if we talking Jose style with Chelsea and Inter Milan. Proper drilled with power and pace for the counter attack and total discipline.

Athletico were anything but drilled. They had no plan, no intent and just tried the be horrible shithouses to try and wind up weaker members of the city team.

Eventually they only wound themselves up, imploded and just made themselves look like spoilt toddlers not getting their own way and throwing a paddy all over the floor.

I felt embarrassed for them it was pathetic.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Unless VAR caught his teeth offside

• Moderators

Anyway 

Bayern munich after the cl draw for this last round was made 

And Bayern (Oliver Kahn) after getting knocked out 

"There are few less pleasant teams to play against [than Villarreal]."

• Members
22 minutes ago, Zico said:

Anyway 

Bayern munich after the cl draw for this last round was made 

And Bayern (Oliver Kahn) after getting knocked out 

"There are few less pleasant teams to play against [than Villarreal]."

Did their team talk for them 

• Members
Just now, desperado said:

They are a very good watch. Fans loving that 2nd from Rice

Moyes is a great manager. Some fantastic players in this side. Could be a rangers West Ham final, in Seville. That would be fun 😁

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I really enjoy watching West Ham

Not a favourite of mine for a while, particularly with their pitch invasions because they lost a game 

But 

I hope the win the EL and get in the CL 

Must be favourites it if the other teams left are Leipzig, Rangers and Frankfurt