Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

MK have won the last 4 meetings between these two teams.

Not tonight though obvs.

MK shit their pants expecting to get hurt by late challenges constantly. They looked very much like we have done in similar circumstances.

We have to be able to stand up to teams like that next season

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

I’m trying to the think the last time a Sunday league team got so far in Europe? 

and as I’ve said I’ve a season ticket for Livingston (used 4 times this year) I’ve no allegiance to rangers. Other than the proud flying of the Union Jack of course

Rangers in 2008 got to the final when they flooded Manchester city centre with piss 

We could've played them in the next round had we sent a decent team to Lisbon

54 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

MK shit their pants expecting to get hurt by late challenges constantly. They looked very much like we have done in similar circumstances.

We have to be able to stand up to teams like that next season

I didn't watch much of the game but those 2 headers Wycombe scored were a reminder of our achilles heal this season.  So difficult to defend against, and the type of goals we don't have the luxury of scoring ourselves.  I don't want Wycombe to go up but if they did I definitely wouldn't miss playing them.  They'd be nailed on to fill one of the relegation spots so no doubt Wigan are willing them to go up.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Rangers in 2008 got to the final when they flooded Manchester city centre with piss 

We could've played them in the next round had we sent a decent team to Lisbon

I walked through piccadilly Gardens the day after at 7.30am hungover to fuck after drinking in the Shakespeare with some zenit fans the day before. 

It was like Mariupol if it had been bombed with cans of ale.

It was 2 or 3 inches deep of compacted beers. It was gone completely by the time I'd finished work 

11 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Would love to see Rangers win it. Just a shame other Scottish teams are so far behind. Would really up the standard of everyone with more competition.

That’s because the gruesome twosome don’t want to share any of the honey. But then of course all season the rhetoric has been how Rangers have been financial underdogs, conveniently ignoring the domestic situation. 

Needless to say, I watched the Wycombe-MK free kick-athon with the occasional bit of football thrown in. 

26 minutes ago, emus wig said:

Welcome to the world of the also rans 

Skewed and unfair but not having it as rigged in terms of games/ref decisions. Now FIFA & UEFA they are bent as fuck. As Cheese would demand examples I would offer the World Cup in Qatar, Sepp Blatter & Platini for FIFA and this disgraceful decision by UEFA to award CL places on historical record. Wheres the Super League like fuore over that?

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Sunderland v Sheffield tonight another close to call game

going to be over 80k between the 2 legs that’s mental at this level

According to a Sunderland ST holder they’ve only given sheff weds the same as we got 2k. Weds not happy about it. Be interesting to see whether they give Sunderland top and bottom tier in 2nd leg. 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

According to a Sunderland ST holder they’ve only given sheff weds the same as we got 2k. Weds not happy about it. Be interesting to see whether they give Sunderland top and bottom tier in 2nd leg. 

Nah it’s 2k across the board did it last year some EFL bullshit 

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Sunderland v Sheffield tonight another close to call game

going to be over 80k between the 2 legs that’s mental at this level

SOL holds approx 48k, Hillsborough approx 38k, i’m guessing both legs have sold out.

Like you say, crazy figures for 3rd tier football.