Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
4 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Sunderland v Sheffield tonight another close to call game

going to be over 80k between the 2 legs that’s mental at this level

will be interested to see the crowd at hillsborough

I thought capacity was around 40k

am sure they said it was a sell out v Pompey (and they filled the away end) but crowd was only 33k

20 minutes ago, Zico said:

am sure they said it was a sell out v Pompey (and they filled the away end) but crowd was only 33k

I noticed on the highlights for that game that there weren't any seats in that corner between the away end and the stand opposite the cameras which I'm sure must have held a good 2-3 thousands if not more.

19 minutes ago, Zico said:

Will be a few thousand less as Sunderland only got 2k so empty seats up top tier 

6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That’s because the gruesome twosome don’t want to share any of the honey. But then of course all season the rhetoric has been how Rangers have been financial underdogs, conveniently ignoring the domestic situation. 

Needless to say, I watched the Wycombe-MK free kick-athon with the occasional bit of football thrown in. 

Very true pal

But no different to the situation in elite English football

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I noticed on the highlights for that game that there weren't any seats in that corner between the away end and the stand opposite the cameras which I'm sure must have held a good 2-3 thousands if not more.

52 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Will be a few thousand less as Sunderland only got 2k so empty seats up top tier 

had a look at the highlights, and yeah, looks like they don't use that corner anymore, or the first few rows behind the goal with home fans in the lower tier

pompey took 2.5k, not sure why they'd give Sunderland less like as they'd definitely fill whatever they were given

1 minute ago, Zico said:

pompey took 2.5k, not sure why they'd give Sunderland less like as they'd definitely fill whatever they were given

As @radcliffe whiteposted earlier, the EFL brought in some twattish rule about 2,000 allocations for all play off games. I expect it was brought in to stop clubs with smaller grounds giving out tiny allocations, but seems a bit pointless in this scenario (and probably ours if we had a play off game) where the seats will just be wasted as home fans can't use them either.

4 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

Skewed and unfair but not having it as rigged in terms of games/ref decisions. Now FIFA & UEFA they are bent as fuck. As Cheese would demand examples I would offer the World Cup in Qatar, Sepp Blatter & Platini for FIFA and this disgraceful decision by UEFA to award CL places on historical record. Wheres the Super League like fuore over that?

Its rigged to make the best spectacle for TV.

Designed ot keep the title race open and exciting for aslong as possible, last day would be ideal.

Prem Cheif exec said himself that ideally they want a differnet winner every season...right from his mouth.

Fifa / Uefa same too.....Euro domestic cups have been rigged for years, always wanted the English clubs out.

All these massive sporting events have had this go on for years.

F1 last season the same.

15 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Its rigged to make the best spectacle for TV.

Designed ot keep the title race open and exciting for aslong as possible, last day would be ideal.

Prem Cheif exec said himself that ideally they want a differnet winner every season...right from his mouth.

Fifa / Uefa same too.....Euro domestic cups have been rigged for years, always wanted the English clubs out.

All these massive sporting events have had this go on for years.

F1 last season the same.

Well prem chief saying that not sinister really just truth. Who wants same winner 10 years running like in Bundesliga?  The NFL is 'rigged' to be as competitive as can be and that's generally seem to be a good thing in terms of sporting spectacle.

Don't doubt UEFA don't want English clubs dominating as Spanish & Italians run that gaff. 

3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

SOL holds approx 48k, Hillsborough approx 38k, i’m guessing both legs have sold out.

Like you say, crazy figures for 3rd tier football.

I read on one of their fans forums SOL holds 44k, including 2k corporates.  2k away fans so 40k home fans.  500 left about an hour ago.

BTW, they've got a thread about ticket sales for tonight, not the match itself, just attendance.  Its 216 pages long!  I read quite a bit about BWFC, but how do fans of Sunderland or similar sized clubs have time to keep up?

12 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

how do fans of Sunderland ..... have time to keep up?

Have you ever been to Sunderland ? There really is feck all else to do ... & the place is utterly one-eyed in its football support.

They genuinely believe their very large fan base entitles them to success.

If Wednesday do them the sound of spring-back chair clacking and the sight of fans leaving in droves is one of the joys of modern football. (Though, tbf, the number of late goals this season makes our record look a bit shameful, so maybe early-leaving is less common than it was).

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

As @radcliffe whiteposted earlier, the EFL brought in some twattish rule about 2,000 allocations for all play off games. I expect it was brought in to stop clubs with smaller grounds giving out tiny allocations, but seems a bit pointless in this scenario (and probably ours if we had a play off game) where the seats will just be wasted as home fans can't use them either.

What a ridiculous rule, definitely reduces the spectacle of play off games.  Wycombe only getting 2k for MK Dons is an eye opener, when the limit is about 7k for league games and they have no chance of filling the ground with their own fans.  That could be us in a year, all buzzing for a big play off semi and then finding out we can only take a fraction.  It also reduces the atmosphere (and income) for the home leg if the away end is more than half empty.

Edited by Johnnyrotten
error

1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

Well prem chief saying that not sinister really just truth. Who wants same winner 10 years running like in Bundesliga?  The NFL is 'rigged' to be as competitive as can be and that's generally seem to be a good thing in terms of sporting spectacle.

Don't doubt UEFA don't want English clubs dominating as Spanish & Italians run that gaff. 

You can see all the decisions the top 2 clubs are getting in favour every game, getting daft.

4 hours ago, Zico said:

Not got all the ground open for some reason

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

BTW, they've got a thread about ticket sales for tonight, not the match itself, just attendance.  Its 216 pages long!  I read quite a bit about BWFC, but how do fans of Sunderland or similar sized clubs have time to keep up?

ended up on one of their forums a few seasons back when we were playing them (think it was when clough scored)

anyway

can't remember how many but there were fucking LOADS of pages for a match thread - we were on something 

honestly, if you sat there and read them all, you wouldn't actually have time to watch the match, and it would probably take more than 90 minutes

mental

fuck that

7 minutes ago, Zico said:

ended up on one of their forums a few seasons back when we were playing them (think it was when clough scored)

anyway

can't remember how many but there were fucking LOADS of pages for a match thread - we were on something 

honestly, if you sat there and read them all, you wouldn't actually have time to watch the match, and it would probably take more than 90 minutes

mental

fuck that

Seen that board no different to ours plenty of threads about random shite 

11 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

The 4 teams share the gate receipts equally regardless of stadium capacity so Wycombe will be raking it in

Not quite correct I don’t think? I thought they shared 50% after the EFL took 50%?? Although it was a knob in the pub who told me that a while back.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Not quite correct I don’t think? I thought they shared 50% after the EFL took 50%?? Although it was a knob in the pub who told me that a while back.

Either way, Wycombe are getting far more than they should