Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

4 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Unfortunately can’t see the Mancs slipping up now 

Yep. No chance they’ll lose it now

But then apparently the PL is far more important than the CL all of a sudden and Pep is doing a grand job. Aye OK. Maybe some folk round here need to have a chat with the Arabs

5 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Yep. No chance they’ll lose it now

But then apparently the PL is far more important than the CL all of a sudden and Pep is doing a grand job. Aye OK. Maybe some folk round here need to have a chat with the Arabs

Don’t get me wrong he’s no shite manager but barring a few more trophies he’s no different to Mancini or pellegrini

3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Don’t get me wrong he’s no shite manager but barring a few more trophies he’s no different to Mancini or pellegrini

Aye he's just won more, improves players and his team plays some of the best football the PL has ever seen. But no difference to other managers .Sign Haaland this summer and they will be even better, as will Grealish as has been pointed out. Love watching them I think some of that is down to the manager 

12 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Aye he's just won more, improves players and his team plays some of the best football the PL has ever seen. But no difference to other managers .Sign Haaland this summer and they will be even better, as will Grealish as has been pointed out. Love watching them I think some of that is down to the manager 

In terms of the major trophy (CL) but you knew what I meant.

The two previous guys started it off pep is moving it on and yes some absolute cracking football on show however if the champions league isn’t won it won’t count for much for the owners

• Members
10 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Like I said before mate I’m not knocking pep but the others delivered the league & domestic cups do from that perspective it’s no different

yes they play some banging football but for me he needs to deliver the CL 

To be deemed a success at city or just as an individual? 

Just now, Rudy said:

To be deemed a success at city or just as an individual? 

His individual record is phenomenal he’s won the CL couple of times I think?

no as city boss with the resources given it must be delivered if haaland signs then surely it’s a given he’s spent good part of 900m!

• Members
5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

no as city boss with the resources given it must be delivered if haaland signs then surely it’s a given he’s spent good part of 900m!

I know they want a winning culture in every competition but yeah I agree they will be wanting that CL. Last season was a blow to not win it, this season they should have done enough. To be minutes away from the final by two goals isn’t good enough, and he’ll be the first to admit it. 

Haaland to them is frightening. 

46 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Like I said before mate I’m not knocking pep but the others delivered the league & domestic cups do from that perspective it’s no different

yes they play some banging football but for me he needs to deliver the CL 

This is what really upset reds (both of them) say to try and drag down what CIty are acheiving.

Had he won the CL and not the league this season....they would be saying "he needs to deliver the Prem to with that spending"

30 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Yep, and Liverpool have spent £700 million....United 1 billion....

Feel like Haaland is more suited to a Liverpool or Real Madrid than a City. Pace and power but maybe that’s a dimension that city are missing.

Didn’t think Bodvarsson or Bakayoko would be that great a fit for an Evatt team, thought it would be more of a plan B option for those physical games but they can do both 

Edited by Mantra

Pretty sure City will win the 'Champions League' before Pep leaves. Yes it's the one they need to stick one up to the reds. Then can talk about Liverpool's one PL Championship in 30 years instead of them bangin on about winning a knock out competition all the time. 

3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

I maybe wrong so apologies if so

but haven’t Liverpool under klopp spent something like 500m but sold 400m?

united well that’s been a basket case for years 

But you cant use gross figures for 1 team becasuse it sounds better.

Both squads have cost massive amounts of money, City around £1 Billion, Liverpool around £700 Million.

Net spend city around £500 mill, Liverpool around £250 mill.

Both spend around 1/4 of a billion each per season on wages also.

Between them they have won 16 trophies...with 3 more to add this season.

Edited by Pablo

I might be on my own here but the champions league/European cup was devalued when non champions could compete. How can you be champion of Europe thus the best team when you weren’t even that domestically. 

for me the domestic league title is still the pinnacle. But I get why the clamour to win the champs league 

31 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I might be on my own here but the champions league/European cup was devalued when non champions could compete. How can you be champion of Europe thus the best team when you weren’t even that domestically. 

for me the domestic league title is still the pinnacle. But I get why the clamour to win the champs league 

Liverpools run to the final was a piece of piss. 

Winning the strongest league in world football over 38 games is a bigger achievement imo.

Not winning a cup where you play nobodies like Villareal in one off ties.

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not winning a cup where you play nobodies like Villareal in one off ties.

And even then it was two-legged, which I suppose shows there's always been a bit of pandering to make sure the big clubs go through, even with the original European Cup.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

We did minibus last time so wasn’t a problem never do train again but yes ideally Wycombe up 

Marylebone to Wycombe can be done in 25 minutes.

Just another London away day.

Like Gillingham, Southend, Ipswich etc

Edited by Steejay