Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone watch last night?

Wireless said the ref was appalling, even inferred he was too old and past it.

Was he that bad?

Not great. But to be honest I’ve never rated Moss 
The journo after it told Gerrard he would retiring he replied Good 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

He was fuckin terrible.

You cant underestimate even the little decisions that could go either way. Alters the whole phase of play. He continually took the sting out of Villas pressue.

That's what they were saying. Clear fouls not given against villa players. Were there examples of the other way too, or did it genuinely seem biased?

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's what they were saying. Clear fouls not given against villa players. Were there examples of the other way too, or did it genuinely seem biased?

Seemed like every contentious niggly bit of play was blown up straight away. Stuff that would normally be let go. Tussling in the box etc. He couldn't wait to blow up. 

Then there was the incident where Coutinho was thrown across the pitch followed by a two footer on another villa player and he blew up for the next foul on a Liverpool player. 

On a separate note how can sky appoint Carragher as match pundit for Liverpool games? Its like that fancam bollocks from years ago. Pundits are meant to be impartial.

Edited by gonzo

30 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Seemed like every contentious niggly bit of play was blown up straight away. Stuff that would normally be let go. Tussling in the box etc. He couldn't wait to blow up. 

Then there was the incident where Coutinho was thrown across the pitch followed by a two footer on another villa player and he blew up for the next foul on a Liverpool player. 

On a separate note how can sky appoint Carragher as match pundit for Liverpool games? Its like that fancam bollocks from years ago. Pundits are meant to be impartial.

You know the answer to that, and to why the ref was like that.

Its happening in clear sight, every weekend.

Rigged.

• Members
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Carragher is on every Liverpool game, Neville on every United game. 

Martin Tyler and Neville were on Citys game and could not sound less interested if  they tried 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Carragher was getting over excited last night about Liverpool and he never gets pulled up on it.

He must have used a full box of tissues the amount of wanking off over them he did.

Hate the scouse spitting cunt

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Mowbray has left Blackburn. 

Don’t even think about it chicken shaggers 

Don’t think Evatt would even consider it.

Yes, they’re a division above atm but they’ve missed their chance to go up this season.

Only one direction for them now.

They don't even have a direction at this stage... Reality is they were lucky to do well this year, it's an outlier in their recent seasons. And it all came crashing down with a few injuries.

If you stay in the Champ long enough you'll have a good season at some point. Look at Barnsley last year.

Evatt has his head screwed on, he knows he has the full backing of the board here, he would only leave for a similar project or something too big to turn down, Rovers are neither.

Edited by Mantra

• Members
39 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

At lads football last night 2 guys chatting

any premiership games this week

not sure

oh yeah we’re at wolves tomorrow night

plastic oil slags 

😂
I hope they said ‘premiership’ as well, that would really show how plastic they are. 

My dad at work said he heard two city fans discussing the quadruple

”We’ve already done it; won the league, league cup, fa cup and charity shield.

Being deadly serious. 

My dad said to them don’t ever fuckin talk to me about football again. 

19 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I just realised .... it's the FA Cup Final this weekend. With most clubs still having 2 or 3 games left.

I know this has happened a few times recently but f'cough. Really. Just f'king f'cough. 

Agree with that.  And I think it adds insult to injury for footie fans that there's a huge play off game that will still be in progress when the cup final kicks off (Sheff U v Forest).  And Mansfield are playing just after it finishes. If we're in play offs next season and we're playing on the same afternoon as the cup final - its just not right.  What happened to the whole country coming to a standstill for the cup final?  OK we know things have moved on but let's at least keep up the illusion.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agree with that.  And I think it adds insult to injury for footie fans that there's a huge play off game that will still be in progress when the cup final kicks off (Sheff U v Forest).  And Mansfield are playing just after it finishes. If we're in play offs next season and we're playing on the same afternoon as the cup final - its just not right.  What happened to the whole country coming to a standstill for the cup final?  OK we know things have moved on but let's at least keep up the illusion.

We might be in the cup final and play off final