Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

38 minutes ago, Spider said:

You’re all that’s wrong with modern football.

Bet you love a half and half scarf.

Got to agree with that it’s like fans of lower league clubs having a second club so they can celebrate a win with the big boys very sad . Support one team to the very end win or lose 👍

• Members
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Might be something to do with Margaret Thatcher crushing the place to pieces then the whole country believing a pack of lies written in a newspaper.

Id be pissed off with the establishment too.

That's real scousers of course. Half the divs there booing today wont even know why they are booing.

Mate, you need to go further back in history than that. Habitual thieves and plunderers from the docks (fucking that industry for their city when shippers chose other ports of export for obvious reasons); striking for the most infinitesimal  reason (docks, Ford, you name it); always the victim blah, blah, blah.

The establishment was right. They brought it upon themselves. Let's see them reinvent themselves as industrious, diligent and determined. We all know there's no fucking chance.

2 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Mate, you need to go further back in history than that. Habitual thieves and plunderers from the docks (fucking that industry for their city when shippers chose other ports of export for obvious reasons); striking for the most infinitesimal  reason (docks, Ford, you name it); always the victim blah, blah, blah.

The establishment was right. They brought it upon themselves. Let's see them reinvent themselves as industrious, diligent and determined. We all know there's no fucking chance.

Wasting your time, it’s not their fault. 

12 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

And the reason the Manchester ship canal was built in the first place was because mill owners were being held to ransom for importing cotton from the docks in Liverpool  so they decided to by pass the place . 

FA cup final is a non event now. Why it isn’t the last game or on its own at 3pm is beyond me. I would take going out in round 1 to help promotion in a heart beat. I like most on here dreamed of us winning the FA cup over most but it’s shite now (hurts to say that) 

19 minutes ago, tomski said:

FA cup final is a non event now. Why it isn’t the last game or on its own at 3pm is beyond me. I would take going out in round 1 to help promotion in a heart beat. I like most on here dreamed of us winning the FA cup over most but it’s shite now (hurts to say that) 

It certainly didnt look like a non event to the 90k people in the stadium today and celebrations that came with it.

Champions league finalist v Last seasons champions league winners. Shown on two terrestrial channels watched by millions.

Hardly a non event.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It certainly didnt look like a non event to the 90k people in the stadium today and celebrations that came with it.

Champions league finalist v Last seasons champions league winners. Shown on two terrestrial channels watched by millions.

Hardly a non event.

I didn’t see a single homemade FA cup cutout made of cardboard covered in tinfoil.

And a team followed by armchair types who make United fans look good won it.

So it’s a non event now