Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

32 minutes ago, tomski said:

FA cup final is a non event now. Why it isn’t the last game or on its own at 3pm is beyond me. I would take going out in round 1 to help promotion in a heart beat. I like most on here dreamed of us winning the FA cup over most but it’s shite now (hurts to say that) 

I remember as a kid it was massive. All day on the telly, watching the road to Wembley, the players in suits, the coach journey, we all wanted the cup final. 
now I cba with it. League fixtures are taking place after it for goodness sakes. 

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Scruffy cunts need to learn some respect. 

Yep you don’t need to agree with everything that goes on in the uk but to boo the National anthem of your own country just shows ignorance. Funny how most of there fans didn’t want to be part of the European league and stay in the English premie league last summer. May be throw them out till they show some respect 

It's a shite national anthem anyway 😉 who actually cares that it was booed? 

Free country innit brothers. Wouldn't boo it personally but not one to belt it out alongside Rule Britannia. 

William is made of strong stuff, the lad will be grand. 

Fly your flags & sing God Save the Queen as loud as ya like. But don't go getting your knickers in a twist when it's not reciprocated everywhere.

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

It's a shite national anthem anyway 😉 who actually cares that it was booed? 

Free country innit brothers. Wouldn't boo it personally but not one to belt it out alongside Rule Britannia. 

William is made of strong stuff, the lad will be grand. 

Fly your flags & sing God Save the Queen as loud as ya like. But don't go getting your knickers in a twist when it's not reciprocated everywhere.

Difference between not singing it and booing it as well you know 

5 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

May be throw them out till they show some respect 

😂😂😂 Love it

Last summer folk wanted politics kept out of football when England were taking the knee. Now teams should be thrown out the league for not showing top level English pride.

Free speech might be manipulated at times, but it's one of the great things about living on this Island.

You can lay into religion & disagree with it without personally disrespecting religious people.

You can lay into the Tories or labour without hating those that vote for them.

Many Liverpudlians dislike the national anthem - don't take it so personally - it isn't evidence that they lack respect; that they're vermin or in the same camp as terrorists. 

Just sing it louder & prouder if you disagree. 

Funny how offended some folk get these days ...

They never booed it in the 80s so why now? like you say each to their own, freedom of speech and all that Bollocks yet it’s usually them rats that squeal the loudest when things aren’t going their way. Do they still think Maggie is the queen? 

11 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Free speech might be manipulated at times, but it's one of the great things about living on this Island.

You can lay into religion & disagree with it without personally disrespecting religious people.

You can lay into the Tories or labour without hating those that vote for them.

Many Liverpudlians dislike the national anthem - don't take it so personally - it isn't evidence that they lack respect; that they're vermin or in the same camp as terrorists. 

Just sing it louder & prouder if you disagree. 

Funny how offended some folk get these days ...

Was going to ask would they be taking the bank holidays or refusing them? But then i remembered 🙄

15 minutes ago, royal white said:

They never booed it in the 80s so why now? like you say each to their own, freedom of speech and all that Bollocks yet it’s usually them rats that squeal the loudest when things aren’t going their way. Do they still think Maggie is the queen? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-kw/amp/news/why-do-liverpool-fans-boo-the-england-national-anthem/brksai15y4cw1vmddj2fbc6vz

I can understand it. Not that I'de go as far as booing it if I was in their shoes.

Another Liverpool fan on a radio show saying it has now almost become fan Vs fan banter You now get supporters singing God Save the Queen in the away end at Anfield. 

Just don't get why them booing it is so triggering? Hardly as if it's a war memorial or anything. It's a song about a woman in a golden hat.

Edited by London Wanderer

Just now, London Wanderer said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-kw/amp/news/why-do-liverpool-fans-boo-the-england-national-anthem/brksai15y4cw1vmddj2fbc6vz

I can understand it. Not that I'de go as far as booing it if I was in their shoes.

Another Liverpool fan on a radio show saying it has now almost become fan Vs fan banter You now get supporters singing God Save the Queen in the away end at Anfield. 

Just don't get why them booing it is so triggering? Hardly as if it's a war memorial or anything. It's a song about a women in a golden hat.

Strange that you don’t actually find the fact folk boo a song to be the weird bit of this tbh mate. A song. They boo. Grown men. Booing a song. 

Not sure folk are “triggered”. Just more questioning grown men, booing a song. Strange behaviour 

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

😂

Next time they boo it we should chuck them out the league & stop scousers voting.

Not at all. But for the few that work and boo should they not be refusing on principal the bank holidays? They’re so strongly opinionated that they feel the need, these grown men (some in football shirts i hasten to add) boo a song.