Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Just now, Escobarp said:

Strange that you don’t actually find the fact folk boo a song to be the weird bit of this tbh mate. A song. They boo. Grown men. Booing a song. 

Not sure folk are “triggered”. Just more questioning grown men, booing a song. Strange behaviour 

You compared them to bomb chuckers mate. You were clearly triggered 😀 As were those calling them all vermin.

For what it's worth, I do find it strange.

But there's a context behind it that's genuinely interesting. But maybe that's just me.

Just now, London Wanderer said:

You compared them to bomb chuckers mate. You were clearly triggered 😀 As were those calling them all vermin.

For what it's worth, I do find it strange.

But there's a context behind it that's genuinely interesting. But maybe that's just me.

i compared  them to a support that boo their own national anthem. I know it’s quite an unusual thing to do with two sets of people who do the same thing?!  it’s quite outlandish really to compare the two isn’t it 🙄

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Not at all. But for the few that work and boo should they not be refusing on principal the bank holidays? They’re so strongly opinionated that they feel the need, these grown men (some in football shirts i hasten to add) boo a song. 

I know you weren't suggesting that fella.

Repeatedly saying it's a song doesn't mean much. There's a context behind the words. At least for the scousers.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Ask again what’s the scouse hate

perhaps not many on here have encountered city away 

I've been robbed there, I've been beaten up there.

Mates are scousers, went to Athens in Euro final - Scousers bunking in despite Hillsborough.

Heysel wasn't their fault either - apparantley. 

Been many times to Anfield, they are snide fuckers and its a shit atmosphere.

I could go on. I fuckin hate em

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I know you weren't suggesting that fella.

Repeatedly saying it's a song doesn't mean much. There's a context behind the words. At least for the scousers.

Majority of those booing it won’t have a clue why anyone else is actually booing it. Just following innit.  Sheep. Summat else to video and post on Facebook for likes. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Majority of those booing it won’t have a clue why anyone else is actually booing it. Just following innit.  Sheep. Summat else to video and post on Facebook for likes. 

Aye there will be a mob mentality behind it, but for some there are genuine reasons. But as the fan said today it's also become something to do to piss off opposition supporters. Like United fans singing Argentina or Ronaldo songs after certain tournaments.

It really isn't that bad.

I'm sure they'd rather the bank holidays were for something else, we're all hypocrites. 

Night all 👋

12 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I've been robbed there, I've been beaten up there.

Mates are scousers, went to Athens in Euro final - Scousers bunking in despite Hillsborough.

Heysel wasn't their fault either - apparantley. 

Been many times to Anfield, they are snide fuckers and its a shit atmosphere.

I could go on. I fuckin hate em

City over Liverpool though?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

City over Liverpool though?

Yes. I've nothing really against then - I've not grown up amongst them though 

To be honest, I fuckin hate all the big boys. Cant stand Geordies either but when they arrive in a year or 2, that will put noses out of joint

54 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-kw/amp/news/why-do-liverpool-fans-boo-the-england-national-anthem/brksai15y4cw1vmddj2fbc6vz

I can understand it. Not that I'de go as far as booing it if I was in their shoes.

Another Liverpool fan on a radio show saying it has now almost become fan Vs fan banter You now get supporters singing God Save the Queen in the away end at Anfield. 

Just don't get why them booing it is so triggering? Hardly as if it's a war memorial or anything. It's a song about a woman in a golden hat.

Not sure who’s triggered, most folk like me just want to know why. We keep hearing about Maggie and the sun but what has that got to do with the Queen? And why only recently, when Liverpool is thriving as a city, has it become a thing? Do Everton fans claim not to be English? 

• Members
3 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

😂😂😂 Love it

Last summer folk wanted politics kept out of football when England were taking the knee. Now teams should be thrown out the league for not showing top level English pride.

What!!??? Top level 'English' pride? WTF are you on about? Disrespecting the national anthem of the UK (or for that matter any other country) is low level scummy behaviour.

If you dislike it then stay quiet. Fair enough. Stop the cunts dole money until they have some pride, or at least a modicum of respect for the country from which they leech.

5 hours ago, gonzo said:

It certainly didnt look like a non event to the 90k people in the stadium today and celebrations that came with it.

Champions league finalist v Last seasons champions league winners. Shown on two terrestrial channels watched by millions.

Hardly a non event.

It is to me mate. Certainly no bigger than league cup final (think Pep has worked wonders at improving that tournament) a mid season tournament that I could take or leave. There was nothing wrong with it.

12 hours ago, Spider said:

The shame is all yours.

I bet you tell people you go to Anfield so you don’t feel so embarrassed.

”yeah mate, been a kopite all me life mate, never miss a game mate, I’m boot room mate, met John Lennon mate. 100% scouse me mate”

😂😂😂😂

11 hours ago, Escobarp said:

i compared  them to a support that boo their own national anthem. I know it’s quite an unusual thing to do with two sets of people who do the same thing?!  it’s quite outlandish really to compare the two isn’t it 🙄

Which other support were you referring to mate?

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

What!!??? Top level 'English' pride? WTF are you on about? Disrespecting the national anthem of the UK (or for that matter any other country) is low level scummy behaviour.

If you dislike it then stay quiet. Fair enough. Stop the cunts dole money until they have some pride, or at least a modicum of respect for the country from which they leech.

Perfect example of the hypocrisy of it all here Bolty.

You think booing the national anthem is scummy, yet see nothing wrong with generalising about Liverpudlians as leeches. Funny thing is that you can pretty much guarantee that the section of fans that did boo have jobs & pay tax. They probably work fairly hard to afford the extortionate travel fair & ticket prices. Especially during a cost of living crisis. 

Listening to the scouser on the podcast yesterday, it's one of the reasons they feel more separate from English identity than other teams. Makes sense to give it back to opposition fans who stereotype them. All banter like, just funny to see it working.

Booing the national anthem = bad

Stereotyping a scousers as jobless scummy rats = fine 👍

Edited by London Wanderer

• Moderators
On 14/05/2022 at 09:12, gonzo said:

Bang on. The Stoke Strokeathon was cemented by selling 6 million for our semi final, even though it was their first big day out in years.

Theres a band of clubs like you say are all in the same boat. Chuck Wolves in there too once their billionaire backer has enough.

Wolves brought fuck all when they were struggling around 2013 

Think Alonso scored for us, they may have already been relegated, but they barely filled half the lower tier 

Fast forward to them winning the title and they are filling the south stand

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Whats worse...

Booing the national anthem or booing taking the knee?

Booing the knee = Racist Scum 

Booing the National Anthem = Showing a dislike to some shitty song about saving some owd slapper 

The Answer is Knee

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Scousers are cunts.

The end

That’s all we need to say on the subject.

Self pitying, benefit scrounging, scruffy, humourless cunts who sound like they’re being strangled when they talk.

Imagine wanting to identify as one. It’s the same as adding your name to the peado register voluntarily.

44 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Whats worse...

Booing the national anthem or booing taking the knee?

Aye good question. My answer both are wrong. But I'm betting some who professed to be utterly incredulous that swivel eyed Brexit loving loons would boo the knee -" why don't they just stay quiet doesn't affect them" are now falling over themselves to make excuses for scousers booing their own national anthem because they don't feel English due to perceived injustices. 

Just like being different and to be fair they do get a lot of shit chucked at them lazy scrounging thieving snider  etc. But not having it that  scousers are some kind of revolutionary Marxist heroes.

And united fans are also definitely anti English as well. Remember the cunts waving Croatia flags (I think) at Reebok when England had lost to them and Argie flags prior to that)