Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 hour ago, tshape said:

Yeah him above Royal is from Leigh

He’s a nice lad, just misguided, as I’ve been telling him for several years. Fair fucks to him for travelling though (which I won’t be telling him at all).

Only with Rangers could you mistype ‘Loyal’ and yet it still makes absolute sense 😊 

That’s all a relief anyway. Albeit I’ll regret it by 5pm Saturday. 

21 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

He’s a nice lad, just misguided, as I’ve been telling him for several years. Fair fucks to him for travelling though (which I won’t be telling him at all).

Only with Rangers could you mistype ‘Loyal’ and yet it still makes absolute sense 😊 

That’s all a relief anyway. Albeit I’ll regret it by 5pm Saturday. 

Yeah he's sound. Worked where I used to drink and seen him at gigs and matches all over. I don't follow Scottish football at all for what it's worth, it reminds me of Sundays. 

*I'd typed Loyal by the way, my phone must have corrected it to Royal.

Edited by tshape

7 minutes ago, tshape said:

Yeah he's sound. Worked where I used to drink and seen him at gigs and matches all over. I don't follow Scottish football at all for what it's worth, it reminds me of Sundays. 

*I'd typed Loyal by the way, my phone must have corrected it to Royal. Just read your reply again. Didn't even register at first. That's darts on Wednesday nights

8 hours ago, 1969 said:

And to think some people say if Rangers were in the prem they'd finish mid table.Not a fucking chance

Well they would easily….as they would get given £150 million to spend straight away….

Thought Rangers didn't show up last night - complete shadow of their recent performances.

Fans were pish for their numbers too. Out sung by the Frankfurt fans throughout. Which surprised me. The Germans were more confident & their fans were constantly behind them with the white strip away mentality, fair play to them.

First goal was a fluke & Frankfurt deserved it in the end.

I'm not denying it's harder in a final like that with so much on the line. But they didn't give it a go at all.

Seville was grand in the end after all that fuss.

Edited by London Wanderer

• Moderators

does this mean @Escobarp can stop sticking up for scottish football now?

I imagine it's like having a mate you've grown up with, known for years, good laugh as a kid, but as you get older, he turns out to be a bit of a thick cunt/spaz

you  know it, but you always stick up for him when folk take the piss, because he's your mate and has been for years

but you know they're right, and prefer to hang around with other mates, but, part of you feels sorry for him, so you stick around

that's what it's been like listening to him this past week

17 minutes ago, Zico said:

I imagine it's like having a mate you've grown up with, known for years, good laugh as a kid, but as you get older, he turns out to be a bit of a thick cunt/spaz

you  know it, but you always stick up for him when folk take the piss, because he's your mate and has been for years

but you know they're right, and prefer to hang around with other mates, but, part of you feels sorry for him, so you stick around

Listen when folk talk about any team from any nation and use stuff like “imagine what such a body would do if they played them” when teams higher than that such a body have done fuck all in the same competition it is like listening to a spaz. 

I’ve zero affinity to rangers or any of them and Livingston don’t really appear on anyones radar so won’t get involved there. 

As you know I like logic. And a lot of the Shite spouted is illogical. Simple as that. 

you can always boot me off the forum of course as is in your gift 😬 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

you can always boot me off the forum of course as is in your gift 😬 

as if I'd boot you off for liking scottish football, now that would be illogical 

plus I'd have to boot off @Leyther_Mattat the same time

then I'd be on a slippery slope as I would then have to delete the non-league thread whilst I was at it and everyone who posts on it

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

as if I'd boot you off for liking scottish football, now that would be illogical 

plus I'd have to boot off @Leyther_Mattat the same time

then I'd be on a slippery slope as I would then have to delete the non-league thread whilst I was at it and everyone who posts on it

What illogical is how some Folk don’t get booted off.  But that’s a different issue altogether 🙄 

I don’t really like Scottish football per se. I just dislike some of the bollocks spouted 

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Rangers have consistently matched top level Budesliga sides.

Hardly illogical to point that out.... especially when folk are trying to claim it's League One standard.

Problem with Scottish football is the divide between the top two & the rest.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Rangers have consistently matched top level Budesliga sides.

Hardly illogical to point that out.... especially when folk are trying to claim it's League One standard.

Problem with Scottish football is the divide between the top two & the rest.

top level bundesliga side consitently get into the CL knockout phase

do you three want a Scottish football thread like the non-league lot have on the other forum?

9 minutes ago, Zico said:

do you three want a Scottish football thread like the non-league lot have on the other forum?

Dortmund aren’t a top German side? Just so we are sure what the benchmark is for a top side here. 

52 minutes ago, Zico said:

Ahhh okay got it.

So Rangers have to beat Bayern Munich before they're a suitable step up for Dapo?

Create whatever threads you like pal 👍

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Dortmund aren’t a top German side? Just so we are sure what the benchmark is for a top side here. 

course they are

in the last 10 years they've reached a final, three quarter finals, the round of 16 twice and the group stage 3 times

other German sides have also reach the group stages / knockout phases more than once

Rangers haven't qualified for the group stage since 2011

Celtic got to the groups 3 times in 10 years

I'm well aware Rangers knocked BD out this season

BD at least got the group stage this season before coming 3rd and going to the EL, Rangers got knocked out by Malmo in qualifying

that's the benchmark - the group stage

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Ahhh okay got it.

So Rangers have to beat Bayern Munich before they're a suitable step up for Dapo?

Create whatever threads you like pal 👍

see above, the CL group stage is where the top sides are from the best leagues

20 minutes ago, Zico said:

course they are

in the last 10 years they've reached a final, three quarter finals, the round of 16 twice and the group stage 3 times

other German sides have also reach the group stages / knockout phases more than once

Rangers haven't qualified for the group stage since 2011

Celtic got to the groups 3 times in 10 years

I'm well aware Rangers knocked BD out this season

BD at least got the group stage this season before coming 3rd and going to the EL, Rangers got knocked out by Malmo in qualifying

that's the benchmark - the group stage

Nobody is disputing the best teams are in the group stages of the champions league. But I would also say Barca are a top team. Beaten in Europa by…..