Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

30 minutes ago, Zico said:

see above, the CL group stage is where the top sides are from the best leagues

My only 'arguments' have been with folk saying Rangers' standard would be a step back for Dapo. So not quite sure where all this CL group stage chatter comes in. I'm hardly saying the Scottish PL is amazing. 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Nobody is disputing the best teams are in the group stages of the champions league. But I would also say Barca are a top team. Beaten in Europa by…..

as said, consistency is the key

by their own extremely high standards, Barcelona had a bad season in Europe, coming 3rd in the CL group stage and was the first time since 2001 they didn't make it out the group

they'll still be in the group stage next season as well for 

hopefully in the same one as Celtic

• Moderators
Just now, London Wanderer said:

My only 'arguments' have been with folk saying Rangers' standard would be a step back for Dapo. So not quite sure where all this CL group stage chatter comes in. I'm hardly saying the Scottish PL is amazing. 

the CL element came up when you mentioned that Rangers consistenly match top level German sides

the CL group stage is where the top level German sides do their thing, consistently

1 hour ago, Zico said:

the CL element came up when you mentioned that Rangers consistenly match top level German sides

the CL group stage is where the top level German sides do their thing, consistently

Dortmund and Leipzig are not top level German sides then? 2nd and 4th in the league. Both beaten by the pub team. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Marc505 said:

Lampard comes across very Coyle-like to me.

I like him, but he does get rather emotional at times. I know Evatt does too, but seems to get over his rant and concentrate on the job.

Maybe FL would have been better starting lower down and learning his trade a bit.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Away to Arsenal who need a win for CL

burnley at home to Newcastle

leeds at brentford GD could screw them up 

Absolutely.

A draw tonight for Burnley would mean that should Everton lose at Arsenal, then a draw for then against Newcastle would be enough to finish above them.

Leeds know what they have to do and it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled a win 9ut of the bag.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely.

A draw tonight for Burnley would mean that should Everton lose at Arsenal, then a draw for then against Newcastle would be enough to finish above them.

Leeds know what they have to do and it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled a win 9ut of the bag.

Aye mixed bag Leeds anything can happen with them 

• Site Supporter

As much as I would love Everton to get flushed, I just think the shit around them is even shittier shit than them.

But, a City win, and Everton relegation and a Real Madrid win the following Saturday would do just fine.