Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I like him, but he does get rather emotional at times. I know Evatt does too, but seems to get over his rant and concentrate on the job.

Maybe FL would have been better starting lower down and learning his trade a bit.

I just find something really superficial about him, in over his head, promoted before his time type thing and his playing career gives him a big "in" with the media and an easier ride. 

I thought Rooney might have been the same tbh but he looks like he's really got something about him, got a stature in interviews that he never had as a player or captain. I bet he's been forced to learn about some things he never expected to in the last 12 months or so.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Scousers thinking they might still win the league is comical. Villa are getting dry bummed on Sunday if they play like this

Heard a couple of reports on the Burnley game, and they said that Pope had made a couple of worldies to keep them in it.

Do Burnley desever their lead then?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Heard a couple of reports on the Burnley game, and they said that Pope had made a couple of worldies to keep them in it.

Do Burnley desever their lead then?

Yeah, decent value for it. Yes Pope has made a couple of cracking saves but last 20 mins, Villa have been so slow and ponderous

18 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I just find something really superficial about him, in over his head, promoted before his time type thing and his playing career gives him a big "in" with the media and an easier ride. 

I thought Rooney might have been the same tbh but he looks like he's really got something about him, got a stature in interviews that he never had as a player or captain. I bet he's been forced to learn about some things he never expected to in the last 12 months or so.

I’m of the same view looks like he’s in over his head rabbit in the headlights . 

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Away to Arsenal who need a win for CL

burnley at home to Newcastle

leeds at brentford GD could screw them up 

Of those 3 I'd say Everton getting something is least likely 

But I'm not quite convinced Leeds will either 

Brentford in decent form under no pressure 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Pitch invasions are getting even more tedious by the day 

They really do make my blood boil 

City won’t do one on Sunday. Got more class than scousers.