Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

You’d have to imagine Sunderland would be more of a challenge to us fighting for promotion next season so would make sense to get them out of the way really. Precious few big games though so it would be a shame to lose them on that front.

Echo the sentiments towards Wycombe, they were absolutely fantastic that day. No idea how they do things on their budget and thought relegation would have killed them so can only admire them for that. Horrible team this season though. 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

If Wycombe stay down at least we can be entertained for a while watching people trip over that ledge on the way into the fanzone bar at half time again

Defibrillator added since our visit. 😃

1 minute ago, Steejay said:

Defibrillator added since our visit. 😃

Required! It's on the verge of being a really decent set up that but currently has an air of severely  tinpot. Emergency chairs and ripped carpet 😃

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Revenue wise want Wycombe to win as Sunderland will generate a 20k crowd next season

I'm with you on that.  Late September, we've got Sunderland at home, or Wycombe.  One is a game to be relished, 20k minimum, the other is one of those games to endure (relatively), with 13.5k on, and you just know you won't beat them.

Started wanting Wycombe to win but Sunderland far the better side and after some further additions in the summer would have been certs for the automatics, so in the end I’m glad they’ve won and with that amazing fan base they really shouldn’t be in L1 anyway. That’s hopefully one less for us to worry about next season anyway.

Hopefully Wycombe lose a few and Ainsworth (echo the sentiments of others that they were class) we need to worry about us and Sunderland imo would of been more of a challenger next year. 

Also it’s time to stop being the lowest ranked Wanderers 

• Site Supporter

Nearly popcorn time. Where's the tears today? Fat kid from Leeds? Lonsdale wearing Burnley scutter?

Can't wait, I love watching fans cry when their team tumbles out the Premier league.

Edited by Biggish Dave

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Nearly popcorn time. Where's the tears today? Fat kid from Leeds? Lonsdale wearing Burnley scutter?

Can't wait, I love watching fans cry when their team tumbles out the Premier league.

Honestly can't call it myself, really could go either way 

And how's about Gerrard grabbing a draw to hand Liverpool the title? Now that would be a twist (can't see it like but here's hoping)