Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

55 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Small fry really but it's  Bromley v Wrexham at Wembley in the FA Trophy.

0-0 at half time. On the subs bench for Bromley is a 33yr old Liam Trotter. Only 33 !

In my short list for the worst player I've ever seen playing for us*, of all time. At 33 he's on the bench for a Div.5 team.

Still too high a level for him.

*he could well be in the worst players I've ever seen, playing FOR ANYONE.

Had more of eye on this, was half tempted to go. Decent side is Bromley.

7 minutes ago, QFPants said:

Ouch, about £300 lost there?

Very happy with the win. I also cashed out on the villa game as I had them for the draw so pulled £365. Can’t take the risk with Leeds only 1 up could have lost the lot with a draw at Brentford, could have been £900 profit if villa had drawn. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, QFPants said:

Yes but Bet365 pay out if a team goes 2 goals up so if he hadn’t he’d have had about £650 back

Correct they give you the result at 2-0

Could have won on the villa city, win and the draw, playing percentages I’m happy to bag £360 profit rather than take the risk of leeds drawing or losing and getting nothing…. Which nearly happened. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Small fry really but it's  Bromley v Wrexham at Wembley in the FA Trophy.

0-0 at half time. On the subs bench for Bromley is a 33yr old Liam Trotter. Only 33 !

In my short list for the worst player I've ever seen playing for us*, of all time. At 33 he's on the bench for a Div.5 team.

Still too high a level for him.

*he could well be in the worst players I've ever seen, playing FOR ANYONE.

When he was playing for us I was shocked that he could be in the championship.  But worst players criteria was re-written when we brought in a load of non league players 2 years ago.  None of the others I previously thought to be our worst ever come close, in my opinion.  No need to name names again, its been said many times, but because of them Trotter can only be the worst player at championship level I can recall (that played a significant number of games).

46 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Burnley are going to drop like a stone now.

They need to do a Stoke rather than a Fulham or Bournemouth.

Unfortunately they'll sell Tarkowski for a ridiculous amount (how overrated is he?) and added to parachute money and a decent squad for championship, they'll do well. 

But still great to see them down finally.  A bit jealous there are 5 "Lancs" teams in championship and we aren't 1 of them.

Lots of thoughts about Burnley but they all conclude with: Fuck em. 

Blackburn and to a lesser degree PNE and Blackpool will be hungry for that fixture next season. They're in for a rough ride (Wigan would like to think they are in on those rivalries but nobody gives a fuck about them).

I think they have a one year window to get back up otherwise its serious trouble. Let's hope for a Coyle/Freedman style appointment at Turf Moor. 

What goes around comes around. At some point in the next year or two we're going to overtake all those local clubs and give them a taste of what they've been missing. 1970s BWFC revisited - and we will have better gates than the lot of them next year despite being in the division below.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

They need to do a Stoke rather than a Fulham or Bournemouth.

Unfortunately they'll sell Tarkowski for a ridiculous amount (how overrated is he?) and added to parachute money and a decent squad for championship, they'll do well. 

But still great to see them down finally.  A bit jealous there are 5 "Lancs" teams in championship and we aren't 1 of them.

Cant imagine he hasn’t got a relegation release clause, same with 1 or 2 others.

Pope is the Crown Jewels there though, he’s quality