Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Can’t help but admire City. Did what they needed to do

Brother left his car here today so I dropped him and his Mrs off at the Etihad and picked them up after the match. Waiting for them Radio Manc was the worst ever Massives Wankathon I’ve ever heard.

“It’s the City way“

Just fuck off

8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Can’t help but admire City. Did what they needed to do

Brother left his car here today so I dropped him and his Mrs off at the Etihad and picked them up after the match. Waiting for them Radio Manc was the worst ever Massives Wankathon I’ve ever heard.

“It’s the City way“

Just fuck off

I’ve no admiration whatsoever all paid for by a foreign state… can’t wait for the day that the Arabs pull out. State funding of football clubs should be banned. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve no admiration whatsoever all paid for by a foreign state… can’t wait for the day that the Arabs pull out. 

Only Spurs, Brentford and Brighton have British owners (or have owners with majority shareholdings that are British)

all the rest are foreign.

Liverpool - American club

City - UAE club

Manu - American Club

Leicester - Thai

etc….

So the “foreign money” claim that scouse nonces have is an argument that’s thick as fuck given they are owned by an American investment manager.

Wait until Newcastle get properly spending in a couple of years….

• Site Supporter

For what it’s worth, I actually think Klopp is as good as Guardiola. I was gutted when he went to liverpool because he was always going to do well (did better than I hoped for sure).

But let’s not ever bring money into an argument about premier league football teams. That’s properly homo

The games long gone. It really doesn’t register with me who wins these days as it’s all essentially the same (Leicester title apart). Still better than Germany and France where the same club wins the league every year and only marginally more competitive in Spain.

Edited by Farrelli

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Spider said:

Only Spurs, Brentford and Brighton have British owners (or have owners with majority shareholdings that are British)

all the rest are foreign.

Liverpool - American club

City - UAE club

Manu - American Club

Leicester - Thai

etc….

So the “foreign money” claim that scouse nonces have is an argument that’s thick as fuck given they are owned by an American investment manager.

Wait until Newcastle get properly spending in a couple of years….

Here’s an eye opener.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs

15 minutes ago, Traf said:

Yeah, needed the win v bottom place.
Poor finishing let them down, 31 shots, 0 goals!

The story of Salernitana is quite remarkable nearly going to the wall and being 12 points from safety.

Sad for Cagliari as they are a Serie A mainstay and hopefully them and Genoa can bounce back quickly.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spider said:

For what it’s worth, I actually think Klopp is as good as Guardiola. I was gutted when he went to liverpool because he was always going to do well (did better than I hoped for sure).

But let’s not ever bring money into an argument about premier league football teams. That’s properly homo

I reckon Kloop is better 

undeniably Guadiola is a great and I'm not saying otherwise - he takes already very good teams at the top and makes them better in his own way

Klopp though reinvents them - Dortmund and Liverpool were bumbling along when he rocked up and he turns them into title challengers/winners

he's taken Liverpool to the final game in every competition this season

he may or may not win it next season, but when Guadiola does one, Liverpool will dominate the lot whilst he's there

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Zico said:

I reckon Kloop is better 

undeniably Guadiola is a great and I'm not saying otherwise - he takes already very good teams at the top and makes them better in his own way

Klopp though reinvents them - Dortmund and Liverpool were bumbling along when he rocked up and he turns them into title challengers/winners

he's taken Liverpool to the final game in every competition this season

he may or may not win it next season, but when Guadiola does one, Liverpool will dominate the lot whilst he's there

They can all be great managers when money is no object.